Merger mania

G

Is this for real? FedEx<RPS<Roberts? merged into one FedEx company?

G

Absolutely! Search with IE for FedEx, Choose FedEx,
Choose your Country-USA
Click "FDX Companies",
Click "FedEx Family of Companies" or something like that.
They list all of the new organization and names.
FedEx Express (the old Federal Express), Viking Freight,
FedEx Ground and opening in March FedEx Home Delivery(RPS),
FedEx Custom Critical(Roberts) Ed

G

They haven't become one company. They have merely played the name change game again. Roberts Express will still operate as the same company.

G

Chris when a company is "Bought out" by another company things always change. The name is usally nothing compared to what has happened already in the "front office", of which only company insiders are privy to.

G

I just got the magazine from Roberts Express for contractors. Again they have said for the one hundredth time that Roberts Express is Roberts Express. They said FDX bought them and will keep them because they are a cash cow and a gold mine.

Roberts can only get bettter in my opinion. I know some of you don't like to hear that but that's the way I see it.
Subject : Merger mania Author : TL Date : 1/18/00 2:15:12 PM

No Rene,you are wrong,many of us agree with you wholeheartedly that Roberts Express "Can Only Get Better"!!!! Have a great day..

G

No Rene,you are wrong,many of us agree with you wholeheartedly that Roberts Express "Can Only Get Better"!!!! Have a great day..

G

Been with Roberts 13 years,just got home tonight,in 12 days we went from Jacksonville to Boston to Seattle,then from Vancouver to Rochester,then to Americus GA and home,Grossed over 14 K.Don!t think you can do that with Conway or Landstar,absolutely no way with Tri State or Panther.Hard running out west,as one guy said in a Pilot truck stop in Ellensburg WA, "There are no Atheists on I 90
in January" and boy was he right. Anyway Roberts is here to stay,but there might be a name change to FDX EXPEDITE,FDX Corp purchased the Caliber Corp about 18 months ago,the companies were RPS,Roberts,Viking Freight,and some logostics oufits. I personally belive all they wanted was RPS to get into th internet delivery business,but I understand they had to take all of the operating companies..

G

My name is robert....no relation roberts express. If Roberts was so bad why do they have the most drivers? Can't be all that bad when there are some many. I've been with them for 7 years and I generally do my own thing. They keep me loaded coming AND going. I agree with you Rene.

Joe

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
rich m

Start Lauderdale,FL
Stop 1 Boston,MA..1180 miles
Stop 2 Saettle,WA..4254 miles
Stop 3 Vancouver,BC..4393 miles
Stop 4 Rochester,NY..7209 miles
Stop 5 Americus,GA..8325 miles
End Jacksonville,FL 8568 miles

$14,000 in 8568 miles equals $1.63 per mile, for "all" miles

$14,000 in 12 days equals $1.166.67 per day
If you never went home you would gross $425,833.33 per year
If you go home sometimes you would gross $350,000.00 in 300 days,
away from home.
If you spend extended periods each time you get home, and only go
out on the road 250 days, (which is a reasonable) you will still gross
$291,666.67

Would you consider this to be a fleet average, at Roberts, or do your
13 years there earn you some special consideration.

Drive Safely
Joe

G

Rich I hope you're not trying to imply that you good LUCK over the last couple weeks was anything other than LUCK.I'm happy for you don't get me wrong,but it sounds like you're crowing about how wonderful you did, while many of your Roberts brothers are sitting home or at some other God forsaken little spot they were SENT to sit.
If that was just a typical "day at the office" for you,sounds like you have someone working "inside" for you at 2088 Arlington in Akron.At that rate I guess you'll gross about $250,000 this year.If I didn't know better than that I would be wondering why anybody would be crazy enough to leave such an outfit as that,but as anyone in this business for a while knows,it's Roberts that has created it's own competition by so many owners leaving and going to Tri-State,Con-Way,Panther,LEA and so on because they were tired of being "controlled" by children at 2088 Arlington.Oh,yes,you ARE the BIGGEST,but by no means THE BEST..
I'm outta here,have a good night..

TL

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Great job of breaking it down Joe, it looks sillier on paper than it sounded to me.He should have started that out with one of those
"you ain't gonna believe this" statements rather than coming on like it was his routine..There's probably someone- somewhere right now trying to buy a truck and headed for Akron to start in the morning. C-YA

G

In no way was my good luck routine,It was the best tour I have ever had. I have no insiders in Akron,just happened to be in the right place at the right time.One thing is that they were all white/glove runs which required handling,lift gate etc.Most years we gross about 110K which is enough,and drive about 95,000 miles including all of our deadhead,which averages out to about 33%.This 2 week sojurn that I mentioned we drove a total of 8919 miles from home to home.Also ran out of hours twice and it is rare for a team to do that.

G

Thank You Rich M

I was beginning to get a kink, in my neck, with you so far up on that
high horse.
That's why I offered you that step ladder, which you, obviously,
utilized, to come back down to earth, and the reality of responsably
reporting, those reasonably beleiveable income figures.

Drive Safely
Joe

"A well-informed employee is
the best salesperson a company
can have"
------------EDWIN J. THOMAS

G

They were "bought out" quite a while ago. Changes have been taking place. The latest is the name. No big deal there as far as I can see!