Meeting Expediters on the road

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I just want to say, I have met a lot of van and Sprinter expediters in the last 2 weeks, and none of them were famous :D ie EO folks.

Well, at least you guys and gals are famous to me.

Almost every one of them have been very friendly. I have enjoyed trading looks inside our mobile homes, and saw a myriad of ways to live out on the road.

I am trying to learn how to do this. Not many have the same idea of how it is done.

ps, I don't meet many straight truck or TT expediters as we are kind of segregated by where we park.

I just want to thank everyone that has offered me encouragement, and advice.

I can usually "get it" with only ten or so times being told. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After the first year it gets alittle easier especially if your not one to jump to greener pastures every time there's a slowdown...Dispatch knows you and you know them and you get a "COOL" designation....you'll know your carriers good spots and bad, where they have customers or not...I try to ask a shipper how often they ship expedite loads like 2, 4,6 loads a week. And keep that filed in my database in the dark recesses of my mind. When one jumps ship they never have a chance to aquaint themselves with the carriers customers the demographics are always changing.;)

Reactions: 1 person