MCP200 Question

aileron

Expert Expediter
Trying to find out why my new out of the box MCP200 is working worse than the old one. I noticed that when I have cellular signal, it works allright, messages come in pretty quickly, navigation is faster. When I don't have cellular signal, only satellite signal, it takes forever to get a message, also the navigation most of the time gives me 'communication error' and it stops.

In the top left corner, how strong is your satellite signal? On mine it only has one line out of three, and I haven't seen it going higher than that. Have you seen it with full signal?

Appreciate your input. It is frustrating to have this new thing installed and not working even as good as the old one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mine only shows one bar as well. I have not used it out on the road. The shop that put mine in did a bad job. Left the old cable in etc. Won't get anything else done there for sure.

Learning this goofy thing ought to be fun. Only a instruction book. No instruction. We will figure it out, sooner or later. Expect a LOT of screw ups at first. Can't stand that tiny keyboard. My fingers are too fat for it. Noisy sucker too. Talks a lot. Bet that gets shut off, we shall see.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I don't know how many bars we get but we have not had any problems getting a signal anywhere except in Queens, NY. The GPS couldn't seem to stay locked in long enough to keep a route.
It's not too hard to figure out. Took about 2 days. After 5 runs we feel pretty comfortable with it.