McCain's VP

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fox is reporting that Sarah Palin - Gov. of Alaska, is McCain's VP Pick. Excuse me while I go throw up.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Let's see, she hunts, fishes, hates big government, knows energy policy, mother of 5 who does not like killing babies. I had no idea that McCain was that smart. Layoutshooter

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Excuse me while I go throw up.

Why? Flu bug?

Being someone that doesn't follow every detail of the political world, I've never heard of her. I suspect that may be, at least in part, why he chose her. Someone quietly under the radar with a closet that's not loaded with political skeletons. He may even snag a couple of frustrated Hilary fans that just want to see a woman, any woman, on a ticket. Any ticket.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
That's what I was thinking Highway star. Quite a few people from Hillary's camp were already talking about voting for McCain and I can see that increasing now. I think a lot of those people want to see a female in power. There is nothing wrong with that. I could just see them wanting to see a woman, any woman, become at least VP so she would have a better shot at President. There are a lot of different reasons why people vote the way they do.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And that's what was wrong with this election from the beginning. Some people will be voting for Barry because he's black. Period. That would have happened if Hillary got the nomination. It's skin pigmentation or gender. Issues? Secondary...

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This just B*TCH SLAPPED obumer's EXCITEMENT!! Do I SMELL a DRILL BIT?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just read some of her bio...WoW..what a refreshing difference! Think he made a good choice... Sounds like she'll shake -up the GOP as well...lets see if she can hold her own against the establishment of the GOP and not get bought off to be a yes person and stand on her own....with 5 kids she'll certainly have resolve...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, you guys are right and I stand corrected...I hope! She really presents herself well, and her governing philosophy certainly fits the bill that McCain needed to appeal to the GOP base. However, my concern with the GOP VP pick has always been that it would be someone ready to be president of the US right away if the 72 year old McCain is suddenly out of the picture. I don't see 2 years being governor of Alaska as qualifying her for the position. However, she does have more qualifying experience as an executive than Obama, so that's a plus. Also, the fact that she can clean fish, handle a firearm and pilot a dogsled are other qualities about which Obama has no clue. At any rate, this selection has certainly blown the democrats out of the news coverage the day after their convention.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Country FOLK can survive!! VP pick had to be female, because liberal FEMALE's speak FEMALE and they are livid at obumer!! !! Romney can slide into whatever slot-- say SEC. of COMMERCE..and go after CHINA trade balance.. I may be dreaming

dpea9

Expert Expediter
As a former resident of Alaska for almost 30yrs. And my daughter in law knows Gov. Palin quite well. She is a very good pick, she cleaned out the political old boys club in Alaska, she is not in the pockets of big oil infact she has butted heads with them on several issues. And she is very smart. Everybody wants change, well my friends this is a change.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I really had fun listening to her in Dayton today. I mean here is someone fresh and knows what she is up against.

Already the Obama camp is saying she lacks experience and all that, I am waiting for real bad things to be said, because I don’t think she is going to back down. They can’t figure out how to handle all of this because she carriers an 80% approval rating, she is working for reform and she is a no BS girl. The dems like women to follow instructions and stay where they can use them the most.

But I want to say two things that may be important to a lot of people.

1- I don’t understand why Obama picked Biden other than the powers to be told him to. Here is someone who has been in the Senate since 1972, since Nixon and has been wrong a lot of times, leans towards the racist part of attitudes and really is not as respected outside of the democratic circle. The speech Obama gave seems to be an accumulation of the same thing that was said in the last two elections, maybe even going back to 1988. He has stood on this ridicules change platform but didn’t reach out to anyone other than old party members, Kennedy, BIden and so on. I said this before, if he wanted to change things, he needed to start them in the senate – “look what bills I introduced” type examples, but he hasn’t. He has not even worked across the aisle enough to show any experience. However between Biden and Obama, they have a combination of Zero experience leading anything, they have both come from a rather upper crust background, going to Harvard is not working you way though school Barak. The point is that we have here two serious insiders with a lot of baggage who want to run the country without the leadership skills or the attitude needed to do the job.

2 – there are a lot of angry women out there who counted on Hillary to become the nominee and to get the backing of people like Kennedy. The Dems let these women down, and Kennedy from what I have read got some really bad and nasty mail over his backing of Obama. These women are angry at the democratic party, they wanted to see this glass ceiling broken, but instead here is another insider who cares about nothing. I listened to two analyst today on opposites ends of the spectrum, one claiming that the VP pick of McCain will kill McCain’s chances and the other saying the complete opposite. I think it will help a lot, if not win the election for McCain. What I see is that the die hard women who wanted to see Hillary in, will still vote for Obama because they listen to these people like they are Gods, but the rest of them who may be as high as 95% of the democrat women, may decide to go for McCain/Palin. I don’t think Obama has made any history other than false history by being the dems poster child for change, we have had black candidates before in the presidential race, no big deal there, even had a few who had a large amount of TV coverage but what I think is real history is Palin is history. The dems failed to put anyone up there that really represents a new beginning for both the party and the country, Obama is far from anything that is needed to breach the glass anything we have left in this country but the repubs have. (Remember that black men in this country have broken the glass barrier but women have not.) The thing I think is very significant is that Palin now represents 53% (based on census est) of the population across all racial lines where as Obama only represented 13.4% of the population to one race that the voters can actually relate to. Taking this one step further, the mother quality has a huge advantage with the female voter because unlike Michelle Obama, someone who talks about how hard it was to raise kids and pay off school loans but defers to being only proud of her country because her husband is becoming a candidate for president, Palin on the other hand actually has and still is raising kids, works as Governor and still finds time to help out in her husband work and be active outdoors. For a large percentage of women who are raising kids, struggling with bills and trying to balance life, they relate to the hardships and challenges that she faced and still faces.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Glad you don't have an opinion on this Greg. Wow!! She's friggin HOT. Other then that,sounds like another peanut farmer one term Govenor. At least she can count her house's and her kids on 6 fingers,a real plus.Can she stand the heat in the kitchen when Bidon face's her in the first VP debate ? He's a cagy one kids,she better be ready for the unexpected. He will flash those daggers and chomp her head off if she's not careful.One way or another,the libs win this one It's going to be an Afircan American or a woman no matter what. Who's going to blink first? Wish I had an opinion as in depth as Gregs,but hell with it,I'm heading to the coast for 3 days of pacific blue and homemade brew.
Happy labor day sports fans,and go Giants.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone who thinks Joe Biden will roll over Sarah Palin in a debate does not know much about her.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Glad you don't have an opinion on this Greg. Wow!! She's friggin HOT. Other then that,sounds like another peanut farmer one term Govenor. At least she can count her house's and her kids on 6 fingers,a real plus.Can she stand the heat in the kitchen when Bidon face's her in the first VP debate ? He's a cagy one kids,she better be ready for the unexpected. He will flash those daggers and chomp her head off if she's not careful.One way or another,the libs win this one It's going to be an Afircan American or a woman no matter what. Who's going to blink first? Wish I had an opinion as in depth as Gregs,but hell with it,I'm heading to the coast for 3 days of pacific blue and homemade brew.
Happy labor day sports fans,and go Giants.

Well Tallcal, must be the SF aire up there.

The problem, the libs can't win unless they win - you know it and I know it.

People are going to look beyond the BS change rhetoric, Michelle the Marxist BS and see who relates to them better and vote for them. I think the two elitist, Obama/Biden turn off a lot of people, I think that Michelle's comments about being proud of america after she has said some nasty things about America hurt Obama/Biden and the Dems.

I also think that people relate to their pocket book in such a way that the people who are not part of the Washington scene and can speak to people on an honest and open level will be the one's who garner their vote.

Most of America does not want class warfare, the real working class, the 30% of the population don't give a sh*t what Bill Gates makes or that 'Rich' is defined as someone who has more than $250,000 - they care about the moment that they reach into thir pocket and have to pay bills, they care about themselves and their children and know what it takes to get ahead in life. The relate more to the mother of an Iraq soldier than the Lawyer mother of two coddled kids.

Debates DON'T win elections, peoples emotions do.

So I think that McCain/Palin will be in the WH next year, I do believe that the Dems blew the chance with Obama, making it a race about the differences between Black and White all the time stepping away from the Rev. King's feelings about what he felt was the right America and I do beleive that outside of Goebbels/Refinstalh would have been very proud of the Dems with their version of the Nurenberg Rallies the dems have been too arrogent and people are tired of arrogant.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think the scales just might have tipped back in McCain' favor. I was VERY impressed today, and everything we read about her just makes me more impressed.

This was a very smart choice for McCain. Totally out of left field, someone no one was seriously considering, and true conserative. There were rumors he was considering a pro-choice moderate to try to reach out to those 'less conservative' voters, but the rumblings made it pretty clear that a lot of republicans want MORE conservative, not less.

And for Palin, pure genius to give props to Hilary Clinton in her speech.. LOL.. had those women eating right out of her hand.. :rolleyes:

But seriously, come on now.. how perfect is this...

Leadership experience.. the only one on either ticket to run a government.

True conservative, blue collar roots... (husband is a oil rig supervisor), son is in Iraq, oh yeah.. and she's an NRA member, likes to race snowmobiles with her husband, known for standing up to big oil, for cryin out loud she's a hockey mom.. LOL..

Middle America just stood up and cheered :cool:

Only "bad" point I see.. is she's such a strong personality, she overshadowed McCain bad.. LOL...

We'll see what happens, but I think this just made it a lot more interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a debate with Biden..

Oh.. and the Obama campaign already made a mistake... they came out blasting on her saying basically she's just a small town girl with very little experience.......:rolleyes:

Um.. yeah..

and she has a gun and a Bible too Obama! LOL

Dale

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Omigosh!!! McCain has hit a grand slam with Sarah Palin of Alaska. Smart, attractive, poised, and a pure natural at campaigning. Her conservative bona fides are above reproach. She may very well be the face of conservatism's future. I am ready to open my checkbook for McCain now. (BTW, she is a dead ringer for my wife, although my wife is a few years younger than Gov. Palin). In my household, we are exuberant, ebullient, ecstatic. Finally, one of the common folk has risen to the top. And she's not a lawyer!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've been pretty sure for awhile now that McCain will be our next president, and now that he's chosen Palin, I'm glad. She's the first politician I could vote for that I've seen for at least the past 8 years.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
wow what a nice surprise!!! glad MCcain kept her secret until the end....sure bet muhammed obama is stewing over this one....trying to find some dirt on her...finally someone running who isnt owned my corporate america.......they get my vote for sure....the perfect running mate