MC#

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
As far as I know one benefit of having MC# is you are sales tax exempt when buying vehicle. Or
I might be wrong?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As far as I know one benefit of having MC# is you are sales tax exempt when buying vehicle. Or
I might be wrong?
Depends on what state you live in, but also you dont need to have your own MC number to claim sales tax exemption just need to show the carrier you run under to claim it.

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
How that works? Do you need to provide a carrier MC# you run under when you buy a vehicle? I asked them to provide me with there MC but they refused to.
Could you please explain it more
thanks

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How that works? Do you need to provide a carrier MC# you run under when you buy a vehicle? I asked them to provide me with there MC but they refused to.
thanks
Yes, that was all I provided when I purchased the vehicles, and I lived in Ohio at the time. I live in Florida now and there is no exemption for sales tax here.

If you go to SAFER Web - Company Snapshot you can search by your carriers name and get the MC number.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thanks

Back up a minute ....
You don't have your carrier's DOT# or MC#? It's not on your contact? Do you have a contract? Coalminer is correct, you can look them up on Safer Web. What's the name of the company you run for?

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I got there number. I did not pay attention to that.
That see if it will work for sales tax exemption
Thanks for that information

Reactions: Grizzly