Mattress replacement

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We are going to be replacing the mattress in our sleeper, and are looking for suggestions of what others are using that they find comfortable. It is in a Bentz sleeper. Any input would be great.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got a custom sized mattress in my van. It was made by a company in New Jersey. I don't recall the name of the company but they specialize in mattresses for trucks and RVs. I cut down a twin size 3" memory foam to top it off.

Ateam had a Select Comfort mattress in their truck. I believe they were very happy with it. We have a Select Comfort at home with a memory foam on top. Love it!

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
There is a company here in Holland, MI called Spine Align that will make a custom size mattress for you... ask for Tom.

They have plenty of room to park your truck and they are on a business route.

Last edited:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, moot. My search on Tapatalk didn't bring that up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i know a few that have the sleep dog mattress and like it. you also can get a hold of bemco mattress co. they are in springfield, il. they do custom sizes.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I highly recommend the sleepdog mattress. It's sooooo comfortable. It's a memory foam mattress and coming from an innerspring mattress I had a few days, almost a week of misery sleeping on it (or not sleeping I should say). But after a week my body kinda forgot what an innerspring was like and I was hooked. It doesn't bounce as you go down the road. I wake up and I'm not sore. I sleep better than I ever have. Also, their customer service is awesome. I ordered an option I didn't care for (pillow top) and I let them know I disliked it and if I could send it back for a partial refund and they replied by giving me a full refund and telling me to keep the cover so I can try it again at a later date or on another mattress and see if I like it. That's crazy! They were soooo nice and their product is great. It's 8" thick with the best cover on it. It's great. I'd look for them at mats or other trucking shows. They attend a lot of them. Also check their website out. Oh, and it's made in America! They also do 3-4" topper if you want to keep your mattress and save some money.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Keep in mind memory foam becomes a hard rock in the winter unless you keep the sleeper heated all the time !

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have had 2 Sleep Dog mattresses and they did NOT get hard in the cold. We loved them!

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll second the hard as a brick when cold I had mine custom-built by Original Mattress factory for my sprinter big $$$$ but we'll worth it ...

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I haven't had a problem with mine getting hard. The memory foam they use now, mine has it, has a gel infused in it too. Might be what helps it keep from getting hard...