Matters more,How close your parked to a shipper

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I'm a B unit that has been sitting on a less than 75 for 3 days. When I checked in there was only 1 B unit ahead of me in TRE. I'm based in WIL, was sitting first in dwell. 0 units were in PHI. The past 2 days a few B loads were dispatched out of
TRE and PHI, none in WIL. Today a load I lost, the shipper was 53 mi away from me and there was 3 hours to pu time. I came up 3rd to get the load, why? I received a big enough deduction for DHPU to not put me first to get the load. I can't tell if a >75 got the load, but even if it was, I had more dwell time, cause the TRE B unit when I first got in was already dispatched. I called my CC to see the reason. She told me if I were closer to the shipper,I most likely would have gotten the load

So it appears Fedex has already implemented a new point system that puts a higher value on how close you're sitting at a PU location. I've gotten a lot less offers since last week for loads picking up 100 miles away also. My guess this change will be cheaper for fedex if they decrease the DHPU pay for loads. This is just my guess, but instead of sitting at home, I will now have to sit closer to my centers nearby. Now I'm 40 mi out from Wil and PHI

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
As far as I know, they have always given a lot of weight to the truck closest to the P/U. Not saying it is fair or right,just the way the system is set up.