Male Dispatchers unfair to women drivers.

G

C anyone give me some phone numbers of companys that will hire on a cargo van,extended 1997 and run me with the good long runs like they do for guys? Every time I get a good job running if i have a girl dispatcher,They run me,But when the guy dispatchers take over they always run the guys first. Are the guy dispatchers afraid the men drivers will beat them up or do they just HATE WOMEN???????

G

Honey, dont sweat it. Remember this is a MANS world!

Seriously, that is a problem I would fire up the corporate ladder asap!Sadly, if you are a "independent" "owner/operator" or "contractor" you have NO protections under fair labor laws. So its pretty much a $300 million a year company against you!

How's that for equal rights?

G

SANDDOLLAR perhaps you need to come acoss in a sexy manner to the male dispatchers.I have listened to these guys try to flirt with my wife when they thought I was off the line,but seriously I along with the x toil for a company in Ohio and most of the dispatchers are females.I know it!s silly but there is a device sold that will change the sound of your voice,can make female voices into male sounding ones and vice versa.Perhaps this would help,If interested post a msg and I will tell you how to get one..

G

Or change your name to Bob or Mike and they'll offer the load to you 'cause they think you're a guy :)

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I think most dispatchers are asexual. I've been screwed by male AND female dispatchers! I think it is the industry and not because of your gender. (But I am sure the "feminazi's in the NAG gang would differ...lol)

cj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Actually I do better with the men...so much in fact that when I go out without the husband I bring in more per week than he does when he is out alone. Now he wants me to go out full time LOL. I am not a flirt, I just do my business and wait for the next load (and wait...and wait...and wait...) FYI--when I had a real job, I would work for a man any day compared to a "career" woman.

TRUCKNMAMA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Years ago I would say yes. I had a male dispatcher that hated me. I went to the BIG BOSS and told him. He still got in his digs every once in a while, my husband did 99% of the interaction with him. He believed women shouldn't be in trucking. I took it for 3 yrs and left for a better trucking job. I'm talking about 20 yrs ago. I know its much better now.

Ridgerunner

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm glad to see the responses in this thread successfully defused another voice crying out for "victim" status. :'(

Ridgerunner

I look forward to God's judgement...

Leviticus ch. 20 verse 13 reads;

"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon THEM." (emphasis mine)

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have a hard time believeing that there would be a big difference between the type of runs you are offered and the sex of the dispatcher offering you the load. If you really believe it, start documenting and over a long period of time, you will be able to see any difference.

Driverone

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can't speak for male dispatchers, but as for me, I LOVE women.
It is slow for the guys too at this time.