Major Tornado hits Moore Oklahoma

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Today a powerful Tornado which was on the ground for 45 minutes hit Moore Oklahoma at least 2 schools destroyed and hundreds of homes and buildings damaged or destroyed.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Looks like quite a bit of damage. Said it also hit some type of medical center.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yes they just said the Moore Medical center has heavy damage and is being evacuated

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Search and rescue crews are pulling kids out of one elementary school that was destroyed

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Search and rescue crews are pulling kids out of one elementary school that was destroyed

where is the National Guard,,the helicopters, medics,, who is in charge, why are our resources not somewhere, just saying,,hmmmm, seems to be a theme here...

bobwg

Expert Expediter
where is the National Guard,,the helicopters, medics,, who is in charge, why are our resources not somewhere, just saying,,hmmmm, seems to be a theme here...

Calm down the Tornado just hit about an hour ago takes time to get in. There is so much damage blocking the roads into the area they will have to clear the roads on the way in for now the rescue crews are walking in to the area

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oops! Got a drop in Lexington NE in AM. I should be running into those funny clouds tonight around Tulsa. Hope they are gone by then.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
The National Guard is on the way and all available first responders are headed to Moore Ok

TropixBum

Active Expediter
It was May 1999 and they are now saying that todays tornado was worse than the one from 1999

Its sad to know that some lost everything back in 1999. Cleaned up and rebuilt again thinking that lightning never strikes twice. Then it happens again. Hard for me to watch it. (especially with the children) and not have a tear in my eye. They are in my prayers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2