Macro 19 question

fortwayne

Not a Member
So last night and a few times over the last week I have went to bed and found myself as the only truck in the area and of course then number one out.

I wake up and now there are two of us in the area and wow some how a slipped to number two out.

Is anyone else seeing this. Personally, I am not concerned about it just curious. Besides if I am 5 miles from a pickup and the other truck is 68 miles away I am sure they are going to give it to me etc etc, straight truck size comes into play and all that stuff.

Just curious.

Also, do you go out of service when you need to take your 10-hour break?
Personally, I try to go out of service with the time I am coming back in service that way dispatch doesn't waste time looking for loads during my 10-hour break and can focus on finding one for the time I am coming back.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So last night and a few times over the last week I have went to bed and found myself as the only truck in the area and of course then number one out.

I wake up and now there are two of us in the area and wow some how a slipped to number two out.

Is anyone else seeing this. Personally, I am not concerned about it just curious. Besides if I am 5 miles from a pickup and the other truck is 68 miles away I am sure they are going to give it to me etc etc, straight truck size comes into play and all that stuff.

Just curious.

Also, do you go out of service when you need to take your 10-hour break?
Personally, I try to go out of service with the time I am coming back in service that way dispatch doesn't waste time looking for loads during my 10-hour break and can focus on finding one for the time I am coming back.

As for the first question....IF someone with more waiting time came into your area you'd be pushed back...

fortwayne

Not a Member
See that is what I was thinking too, but, getting that validated by another driver helps. Like I said I wasn't concerned or upset about it, its' just easier to know how the whole system works.
Besides the other truck could be a smaller truck, etc etc and I still get the call.
Its' great to use the macro in an effort to see weather it pays to stay where you are or move a little down the road.
In addition, calling dispatch - checking in with them, heck you might call in at just the right time.
You gotta' love the tools we have and what has made the difference for me in my first year with Load-1 is that the dispatch staff stays put, compared to the turnover I suffered through at some of the other carriers.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I have seen this and I do not think it has effected me getting a load at all.

I am also like you and go out of service for my 10 hour sleep. I do often wonder if others do the same thing. I just don't want dispatch wasting time on me if I can't do a load because of hours.

fortwayne

Not a Member
I know it causes issues when we stay in service and then turn down loads when we are out of hours. Dispatch is grateful when we tell them we have to get our ten hour break in as it allows them to move on to the next truck.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
John,

Just curious, If another unit is passing through your area but LOADED will those units be included in the number of units in your area?

Reason I ask. I am sitting in Beaverdam OH. Right off I-75. I did a series of 3 macro 19's yesterday with the following results.

1st response 2 s/t in area position #2 4:31 pm
2nd response 3 s/t in area position #1 5:45 pm
3rd response 1 s/t in area position #1 8:50 pm

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John,

Just curious, If another unit is passing through your area but LOADED will those units be included in the number of units in your area?

Reason I ask. I am sitting in Beaverdam OH. Right off I-75. I did a series of 3 macro 19's yesterday with the following results.

1st response 2 s/t in area position #2 4:31 pm
2nd response 3 s/t in area position #1 5:45 pm
3rd response 1 s/t in area position #1 8:50 pm

Loaded should not show up....only the empties passing thru the 75 mile radius...

right now there is an issue of mac 19 not behaving right either...like

response: No units in area....position in class #2

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They found a problem in the coding yesterday and they have it fixed as of 845 am. Can both of you run a mac 19 and pm the results. That way I can have them compared to the system by the software people.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They found a problem in the coding yesterday and they "thought" they had fixed it as far as I know. Can both of you run a mac 19 and pm the results. That way I can have them compared to the system by the software people.

Looks funny now....

Look at my messages screen..I know you can do that...you'll see...

done pm sent

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok, they believe they have this fixed and upgraded! If anyone sees anything that looks odd please let me know.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, they believe they have this fixed and upgraded! If anyone sees anything that looks odd please let me know.

Thanks to my nagging....;)

and thank you John for putting up with me...

there is a price to be paid when you want the best...*LOL*

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have to pay for Todd????? LOL

Ok, we found another error (thanks shadow). It was cutting off info as the character fields were too long. So once again we think we have the new and improved version of mac 19 up and running.

Please let me know if any of you see anything else that seems wrong.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to pay for Todd????? LOL

Ok, we found another error (thanks shadow). It was cutting off info as the character fields were too long. So once again we think we have the new and improved version of mac 19 up and running.

Please let me know if any of you see anything else that seems wrong.

That I'll cost ya...LOL

mac 19 looks great this morning...