LTL Load Boards

On Time Deliver

Expert Expediter
Newbie Here!

Where in the world does a guy find a load board service that deals only in LTL freight? We are currently signed up with Internet Truckstop and it works great for TL backhauls, but really bites for finding LTL freight.

We run into Chicago on a daily basis with our 14' to 30' straight trucks and are looking for freight coming back West to the Quad City (Davenport, IA / Rock Island, IL.) area.

Have been looking for a source or service for finding freight to bring back for some time with NO luck. HELP !!!! x(

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Scooter!
I just left your site. Very impressive leather work. I know of a an Expediting company that just started a Brokerage division and use companies like us to run the freight. You must have your own authoity and insurance of $2000000 and $150000. Send me an email from your site email and I'll give you the contact. This may be what your looking for, then again, it may not. The pay is very much in the ball park.

On Time Deliver

Expert Expediter
Tony,
Got your email... and Thanks for the info!

I sent them off an email this morning... and we will see what transpires. TNX for the again for your help!:)

lvov18

Seasoned Expediter
any body knows any good load boards or brokers we are doing very slowly please lvov18 we located in Chicago

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
if you do an advanced search there should be many threads under the words "load boards" with names of places to try.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
if you have your own authority You can contact panther ii . GPSNET Active areo, landstar but if you do not have it you might as well just sign on with one of the companies

Last edited:

prepaid

Expert Expediter
If you need loads for 24' straight trucks and have your own authority give us a call
419-969-0322

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
What I am experencing with load boards is, even with ones ment for small loads, call for Tractors due to weight or length. From what I gather, load boards are like buying sales leads, too many people know about that load.

Though Sales is difficult for many, it is a necessarry evil, at least it appears in my case.
Im not saying sell to an individuals that sell commodities, though quite lucritive if it works; use sales skills with selling your services to companies that need drivers to move their freight, like Bolt & fedx.

Treat it like a job interview for your dream job, prepair a well polished verbal presentation and impress them with your knowledge of thier challenges.

From what news I read, the demand for commodities is going up, increased freight demand forcasted.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Newbie Here!

Where in the world does a guy find a load board service that deals only in LTL freight? We are currently signed up with Internet Truckstop and it works great for TL backhauls, but really bites for finding LTL freight.

We run into Chicago on a daily basis with our 14' to 30' straight trucks and are looking for freight coming back West to the Quad City (Davenport, IA / Rock Island, IL.) area.

Have been looking for a source or service for finding freight to bring back for some time with NO luck. HELP !!!! x(

Are you using the " Rate Mate" software from Interstate Truckstop? There are specialty loads on there also. That map they show of all the states shows the number of trucks going to and coming out of each state daily. There is never enough trucks , never, there is lots of freight...but you will need to contact many brokers also to draw from, at least 10 to 20 and gain their trust, it is not easy.