Lrt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Hi! Any suggestions how can I get back my 5k what this thief, John Petrus own me?I have all the BOL's . I heard that LRT went bankrupt. Or I should move on?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi! Any suggestions how can I get back my 5k what this thief, John Petrus own me?I have all the BOL's . I heard that LRT went bankrupt. Or I should move on?

There were many suggestions in the other LRT threads in the carrier forum...read thru them and take your pick....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Get a lawyer and get your name added to the list of creditors. May get something, may get nothing. Depends on what he has left if anything and in what order and how much a judge decides on each claim.

marius1979

Active Expediter
hey, he owes me 3600. I think we have to break his bones, every single bone)))))
His just a douchebag, he wont answer the phone never to explain what is going on.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey, he owes me 3600. I think we have to break his bones, every single bone)))))
His just a douchebag, he wont answer the phone never to explain what is going on.

And that right there is why he won't answer the phone.....why should he?....just to be called names?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Yea that will work...go for it..and when you get arrested we wont have to read that ignorant stuff from you...:rolleyes:

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, this is what this world has come too, most people who run a business don't understand what to do when a company goes out of business. You have two choices when this happens, you file with the bankruptcy court and hope for some money. Which being a un secured creditor you are way down the food chain or you just write off the bad debt.

Now company drivers, if they had any, get to go near the top of the bankruptcy food chain in most if not all cases as long as they file a claim.

Nowadays people want to hurt others because they think that would help them get the money owed to them, the only think that does is get them a free jail cell.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What's the difference between a guy robbing you on the street for 50 bucks and some businessman in a cheap suit not paying you for the hard work that you did? Ripping someone off is ripping someone off!

moose

Veteran Expediter
I will allow the bone breaking for 3 rezones .
* im bored.
* i was never in their shows,never walked their walk. - there for am not in any place to anger management the OP.
* the future bone broken businessman in a cheap suit did not insured his business to the freight level, and did not bond his loads.
- however i will limit the bone breaking to arms & legs & and require to avoid main parts of the body, as the OP & others are too cheap to demands bonds and insurance certificate from the party's they do business with.
you must ask yourself, is it too hard to ask an IC to avoid doing business with carriers/brokers that are not sufficiency bounded ? , aren't you bringing it on yourself ?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Yeah, there's an idea! Make it so he can't even work to pay off his debts.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Has he reached out to anyone ? A letter to anyone owed saying this is what happened and here's what I'm trying to do about it may be nice.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your best bet is file a claim with your lawyer or a collections agentcy to get on the list of creditors.
Yes, I will agree that the chase makes me angry. Look at it this way, if you actualy get physical you are lower on the food chain than him. Remember carma is a ***** and she donent forget.

Case in point.

April 2009 Took a job, Bridgton New Jersey to buffalo NY 485 miles super hot spec com 2:30 am pickup strait through inside delivery, A hired lumper and I broke down load took all 114 hours. All said and done abbout $ 1,500 bucks not paid. Borker locked thier doors, cancelled thier bond.

AS the late Paul Harvey used to say. "And now, the rest of the story"

Last fall I was delivering to a grocery D/C Brattleborro VT. I noticed a trailer in the next dock looked like the same company, but was labled over new name same company that ripped me off. So I asked asked the driver for some details of the company and it turned out that its the same company. Oh it gets better,. Im beraking down my load and he opens the doors all you can smell is hot brakes and he says oh s_______! his entire load was tossed all over his trailer and refer was blowing hot air.
So, call it carma or what ever, But God dose look out for us little guys its just a matter of time.

Good luck
Bob Wolf.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
as the OP & others are too cheap to demands bonds and insurance certificate from the party's they do business with.
you must ask yourself, is it too hard to ask an IC to avoid doing business with carriers/brokers that are not sufficiency bounded ? , aren't you bringing it on yourself ?

what he said

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
As was said in the other thread..to paraphase, "It seems to be a part of the "multi carrier model"...:rolleyes: Oh, and what Moose said.....

Deville

Not a Member
I had a similar situation happen to me several yeas ago. I was owed about $3500. I was notified by the court that the company had filed for bankrupcy & I was inculded on a list of creditors that they owed money to. Papers were enclosed to sign & file with the court if I wanted to be inculded as a creditor & file a judgement.

I was paid .20 on the dollar. It took about 8 months from the time I filed.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Read my earlier post. What somone dose good or bad will come back to you.
Enough said.

Bob Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.