Louisville Bridge

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I crossed over the I-65 bridge into Kentucky this morning. There was a message board stating that the ramp from I-65 SB to I-64 EB/I-71NB will be closed beginning Tuesday for 6 months. It appears they will be dropping the rest of the old bridge, which is now serving as the get off ramp. Can one cross the Ohio River further upstream to get to I-71 and I-64? The Louisville map insert on my 2016 Rand McNally Road Atlas is cut off right where a bridge might be. The Indiana map shows a segmented green line indicating a toll road that is under construction. Is this complete yet?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I-65 southbound motorists heading to I-64 and I-71 N will require alternate routes. Signed detours will direct travelers to I-265 and I-264.

Kinda sounds like the detour is I-265 going around the west side of Louisville and then coming back through town. What a mess!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Louisville.png

According to Google Earth it looks like the I-265 bridge upstream isn't quite complete.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Campbellsburg is about half way between Louisville and Walton. You exit there and take US 421 north about half an hour to the bridge into Madison, IN at the Jefferson Proving Ground. It's way out of your way to go there. The JPG is in the middle of nowhere for a reason.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I-65 southbound motorists heading to I-64 and I-71 N will require alternate routes. Signed detours will direct travelers to I-265 and I-264.

Kinda sounds like the detour is I-265 going around the west side of Louisville and then coming back through town. What a mess!
or grab the Watterson Expressway on the west side...since it connects with I64 and them I 71...

OR what I did last week...just stay left on 65 to avoid the crap and get off at the Watterson

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
or grab the Watterson Expressway on the west side...since it connects with I64 and them I 71...
That's at least 25 miles extra.

OR what I did last week...just stay left on 65 to avoid the crap and get off at the Watterson
That route is probably only 5 miles extra but you still run into a bunch of crap south of downtown.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's at least 25 miles extra.

That route is probably only 5 miles extra but you still run into a bunch of crap south of downtown.
Only IF you hit there at rush hour....but you are correct....crap is crap....sux to be us at times...:p

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

If i am driving from north of Indy ... detour the Louisville crap early .... take I-74 E out of Indy then 275 around Cinn. to 75 S .... ;)