Lost looking for Box Truck Answers

sam757

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello All,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but if not please point me in the right direction. I started a llc, working on the DOT, MC etc. and will be getting my own authority. My plan is to buy a 26' box truck (no cdl or sleeper). Before I do this, I'm a little lost on how I will find loads. I'm looking to be able to be out on the road for 3-4 days and home 3-4 days. While i'm out I'm fine with sleeping in cheap hotel vs inside a sleeper. Just curious after I set up everything and receive my truck, how do I hit the ground running.

p.s. I would take local runs but I rather go further out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Knowing where your freight is going to come from is maybe a little higher up on the To-Do List than getting a truck to haul unknown freight, isn't it?

You live in an area where almost no expedite freight comes out of or goes into. Some, sure, but not nearly enough to think you can do this out 3-4 days and then home 3-4 days. Your first load might be to Charlotte, NC. Then to El Paso, TX. Then to Detroit. 3-4 days? With a logbook?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
If you want to drive local, and a straight truck, one of most important things is what city to you live in. CEVA is a good company, they have local and over the road freight. Go to there web site and see if there is station near you. Also join OOIDA, they have a site to that may help you in what you want to do.

bfowler

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
If you want to drive local, and a straight truck, one of most important things is what city to you live in. CEVA is a good company, they have local and over the road freight. Go to there web site and see if there is station near you. Also join OOIDA, they have a site to that may help you in what you want to do.

Who is CEVA?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I drove for CVEA 14 years out of Richmond .VA. I did local, line haul, dedicated, long distance