Cargo Van Looks like a class action law suit against Ford.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a lawyer looking to make big bucks and get everyone a free coupon good for 10 dollars off their next repair.

Reactions: Turtle and Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a lawyer looking to make big bucks and get everyone a free coupon good for 10 dollars off their next repair.
Better than nothing! It could force Ford to change venders for the giubo. I've participated in a few class action law suits. One was against banks failing to adjust for currency differences. For me it was credit card charges incurred in Canada. Again, it was better than nothing with no cost to me. I was involved in two against Panther. Once again, better than nothing. I was in another one. I don't remember. It may have been a Ginko Baloba marketer.

So far I have yet been wronged to warrant a lawsuit by me personally. Yeah, lawyers usually benefit the most from class action law suits compared to individual participants. But usually a win or a no-contest benefits to some degree all in the class action and certainly forces the defendant to change its ways.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder if Ford even has a "service bulletin" issued for this problem?...to you know CYA...
my 98 Ram van I remember I took it in for something and Dodge has one issued and they changed out a bolt or something that was prone to failing...its not per say a recall...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder if dorman is working on a better replacement for it

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
wonder if the European models suffer from the same thing? Ford did a few 100 engineering changes to Americanize them....US engineers had to mark their territory so to speak...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know if the European Transit is available with the 3.5 EcoBlaster®. The 3.5 rated at 310 HP and 400lbs/ft torque has 125 more horses and 50lbs/ft more torque. The current giubo may not be stout enough for the EcoBlaster®.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know if the European Transit is available with the 3.5 EcoBlaster®. The 3.5 rated at 310 HP and 400lbs/ft torque has 125 more horses and 50lbs/ft more torque. The current giubo may not be stout enough for the EcoBlaster®.
exactly..American engineers screwed the pooch....not enough testing or no testing..it worked on paper....doh!

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Not only better than doing nothing, one could argue that it's the responsibility of the consumer to do whatever they can to hold businesses responsible for their products.... kind of like the argument that if you don't vote, should you complain about your politicians.

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Moot

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder if dorman is working on a better replacement for it

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Apparently the doorman tail light socket holder are better then oem on the Sprinters. But I wouldn't trust their harmonic balancers or engine related components over OEM or OE quality equivalent brands.

Last edited:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couldn't read the facebook article. I was told by a friend that is a ford tech. the ford ecoboost engines have an issue with excessive carbon building up on the valves. No service bulletins on how to remove the carbon only option is R&R the heads.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couldn't read the facebook article. I was told by a friend that is a ford tech. the ford ecoboost engines have an issue with excessive carbon building up on the valves. No service bulletins on how to remove the carbon only option is R&R the heads.
That may have been an isolated problem with the early 3.5L EcoBoost engines in the pickup trucks. Several members on the Transit forum are approaching 200,000 miles and no mention of carbon build-up on the valves.