Looking

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Hi Panther people. Just a plea for help. Just posted an ad in the classifieds looking for another owner to drive for. If anyone can help with leads please let us know. It listed under team available out of Ocala,FL. Thanks so much.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess most would want to know whats wrong with your current gig?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Courtje sent out a email. You may want her to update it if you are looking for a reefer truck as that isn't listed. Then again, if you want to buy one, there is a Fed owner selling 3 or 4 reefers in the EO classifieds.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dave no we are not dead set on a reefer truck. Just really need to get in one that can haul some weight.

Also this truck is up for sale at the payoff price if anyone is interested. Please send me a message.

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
I believe our owner is looking for another team. It's not a reefer unit, and i'm not sure if it's the C unit or the D unit. Not sure if she would take a team from florida, because it's hard to get a load out of there. If interested please email me with your name and contact phone number and I will pass it on to her. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks.

Shirley

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dave no we are not dead set on a reefer truck. Just really need to get in one that can haul some weight.

Also this truck is up for sale at the payoff price if anyone is interested. Please send me a message.

The truck is close to being repo'd, but the ad placed, has your contact information not the owner of the truck?
You said you would like a truck that could haul more freight, but the ad says there's a team in it that can stay in the truck?
Confusing :confused:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Does sound kind of confusing. Looks like you have two other issues as well. If that 69k is the payoff, he paid way too much for that thing to begin with. The other issue doesn't address the amount of axles. If it is a single axle, it has no weight capabilities with that set up.
Then again, that might be why it is getting repoed. Can't haul much with it if it is a single axle.

eah24fan

Seasoned Expediter
First off let me say this is Allen, Bernie's hubby. Yes Dave he did pay way too much for the truck to begin with. But it is a good deal for this truck now for everything it has on it and the extended warranty left with it. Similar trucks online with the same features are asking $99k for theirs. Yes we have our contact info on is as we are the ones driving it and know all the ins and outs of it and would hope to stay in it if someone bought it. The weight issue is simple. It's a great truck but would need a lift axle to do some serious money. That has been our downfall with it. We have auth from the owner to post it for sale and talk with people on it then if really interested pass it on to him and his bank. I really don't see where this is confusing.

We are still looking for another owner with a truck as a fail safe in case the repo process continues so we are not left on the street. Pretty simple.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Tough situation. Rather than having it repoed, the owner could consider throwing a additional axle on it. A little shopping and you could find a used one at the very least.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if it's possible, Dave can you answer this? Could they take over the payments? I don't know how that stuff works with commercial vehicles.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It depends. They could take it over from the finance company if there credit isn't shot. There may be monies due to bring it to a current payoff balance? The other option would be to lease purchase it from the owner but that carries some risk. Even more so in this case because if he is underwater here with the truck, that could be an issue in other places. One would hate to make a payment only to have it used for a house payment rather than the truck. One of the many reasons I am not a fan of lease purchases.