Looking to borrow a straight truck for training

GR8WING

New Recruit
Researching
My wife and I are pursuing our second careers in CDLb straight truck. We have passed the general knowledge and airbrake test. Holding our permits and medical cards. We planned on renting a Penske or Ryder to do practice with but we live in Cape Coral Florida. No trucks available after the hurricane.

Does anyone in Lee County area have or know someone that might have a straight truck that we could rent or borrow?

All help is appreciated! Thank You.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would check on Craigslist or any other local advertisers, for a CDL company that will walk you through the test and let you use the vehicle for your test on the same day. It cost me $550, far cheaper than any CDL school and you get the inside scoop on what it takes to pass.

GR8WING

New Recruit
Researching
I was finally able to rent a penske and that was very helpful. Did find a relatively local school that offers a two day program for Cdlb. First day is coaching and second day is the state examiner test. So you really need to have most of your act together before the first day. I'll know more in a couple of weeks, that's when we are scheduled.

Reactions: TeamHutch