Canada looking for van load near i75 coming to canada

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coming back empty from Gainesville..contact me 9059618255 anythin atlanta..lexington..ohio
Sick of coming back empty I do it for a good price to help Me!

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really the company should endeavor to look for loads not their driver. This is ruduculous. I am ot gonna keep doimg doing while they keep 30 percent for sitting on *** is 2050 dollars for 2400km and empty back **** or is that ok in us terms ?

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL one of those European *******s that will drive back for 50 cents per mile...

I dont even start my engine for under $1.00 per mile.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
Your company is definitely making more than 30 percent on those Canada loads. I can guarantee that. cross-border freight does not go cheap. There are a very few carriers and drivers who go cross-border!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL one of those European *******s that will drive back for 50 cents per mile...

I dont even start my engine for under $1.00 per mile.

I never say I won't start my van for less than x. It's about averages not what a single load pays.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Houston, TX and Syracuse, NY. The rate from Houston to Syracuse is going to be noticeably different than Syracuse to Houston. One is leaving home and the other is going home. Neither is going to be cheap though. And I'm not going to be dispatched that far without follow up loads more than twice at most.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
I honestly don't know how some of you guys are making it out there. It's gotta be rough. I have been staying within a six state area and turning down those long loads. I am never six hundred miles from home at any given point in time. Things have changed too much to go into the fringe areas. Shippers better start adding deadhead money if they want us to go out west.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I honestly don't know how some of you guys are making it out there. It's gotta be rough. I have been staying within a six state area and turning down those long loads. I am never six hundred miles from home at any given point in time. Things have changed too much to go into the fringe areas. Shippers better start adding deadhead money if they want us to go out west.

I've been doing that for a few years now, but I limit it to 400 miles

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going the way he is, it'll be at repo depot anytime soon, unfortunately.

Lol.. I am my own repo truck was bought strait up cash im rich beooootch lol

Im doin not doin so bad
Yes the 3 times to florida basicslly empty back sucked but the one time I went toronto to erie pa with it too and its not lil extra load charge but that paid full 300 dollars so over 2400 to fla.

The company pays 70 percent.. of the rate they charge the customer base charge + fsc not hst. Its bs that they keepin a % of a fsc that is my fuel. Also the drivers dont really know what the run really pays. Unless we ask the non anal dispatch hell tell us but thats after we already accepted load.

Its up and down ive gone to say philadelphia for 800 and come back from ny for 750.. which is amazing day. It happens but not so often... also local stuff that is rush service and u get good connection s and multiple runs ive had days where I grossed like 3$ cdn per km.

It just isnt worth it goin empty from as far as Florida
.it hurts the averages. Being a small company based out of ontario and all the customers here basic ally they dont have much coming back ive tried to look for loads and even last time I stayed 2 days on beach before they called me saw gps tracker why aint u coming back? I said I dont rush back free Look for something! Who cares if its gonna pay me 1000 thats money wr both get cut on.
bottom line is I need more good days and come back freight. I tellin them I aint goin past 1000 miles unless they give me at least an extra 5% on those. Not fair they underquote to Get those runs the driver takes a hit but company doesn't! 800 km runs can sometimes pay me over 1 dollar a km but miami was .85 cents.
I not doin it I saw the beach 3 times alone unless I bring a bikini body its not even worth it for just the experience amymire. There is 66000km on my truck since aug 1. Ive grossed 31820
I dont know if changed that into miles and usd if thats respwctable but im not doin that bad but perhaps I will look into a better company where I dont have to count on luck and things more transparent. It shouldn't have to be about how much u drive but how much u drive for! Im getting tired. Im speaking up some freight just isnt worth it. Even with using 570 dollars fuel after exchange to miami n back I kept only 1350 after one motel..took naps in back rest of time. And yes I stayed safe !

Last edited by a moderator:

guido4475

Not a Member
Lol.. I am my own repo truck was bought strait up cash im rich beooootch lol

Im doin not doin so bad
Yes the 3 times to florida basicslly empty back sucked but the one time I went toronto to erie pa with it too and its not lil extra load charge but that paid full 300 dollars so over 2400 to fla.

The company pays 70 percent.. of the rate they charge the customer base charge + fsc not hst. Its bs that they keepin a % of a fsc that is my fuel. Also the drivers dont really know what the run really pays. Unless we ask the non anal dispatch hell tell us but thats after we already accepted load.

Its up and down ive gone to say philadelphia for 800 and come back from ny for 750.. which is amazing day. It happens but not so often... also local stuff that is rush service and u get good connection s and multiple runs ive had days where I grossed like 3$ cdn per km.

It just isnt worth it goin empty from as far as Florida
.it hurts the averages. Being a small company based out of ontario and all the customers here basic ally they dont have much coming back ive tried to look for loads and even last time I stayed 2 days on beach before they called me saw gps tracker why aint u coming back? I said I dont rush back free Look for something! Who cares if its gonna pay me 1000 thats money wr both get cut on.
bottom line is I need more good days and come back freight. I tellin them I aint goin past 1000 miles unless they give me at least an extra 5% on those. Not fair they underquote to Get those runs the driver takes a hit but company doesn't! 800 km runs can sometimes pay me over 1 dollar a km but miami was .85 cents.
I not doin it I saw the beach 3 times alone unless I bring a bikini body its not even worth it for just the experience amymire. There is 66000km on my truck since aug 1. Ive grossed 31820
I dont know if changed that into miles and usd if thats respwctable but im not doin that bad but perhaps I will look into a better company where I dont have to count on luck and things more transparent. It shouldn't have to be about how much u drive but how much u drive for! Im getting tired. Im speaking up some freight just isnt worth it. Even with using 570 dollars fuel after exchange to miami n back I kept only 1350 after one motel..took naps in back rest of time. And yes I stayed safe !

So are you're money figures based on the Canadian dollar or the American dollar?. If you're happy and it works, go for it. But you're carrier, or any carrier, does not have any business taking any part of the fsc if they are not paying for the fuel.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd take a loonie per km any day! At today's rate, that's $88 for 62 miles, or $1.42/mile. In a van, that would be wicked sweet :)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Look, here's the straight-up on it. You take a Toronto to Gainesville, GA--- gotta figure a ton of dead-head, you're gonna lose. Toronto to ANYWHERE in Florida--- fergeddaboudit. It's cheaper to pile your dollars in the street and set fire to it. Nothing comes out of FL, and what little does is so cheap that even their friends don't want to haul that stuff.

If you want something going back to Canada, don't even waste time looking until you hit the Ohio State Line. Maybe Cincinnati might have something. Or Columbus. Or Dayton. South of there--- it ain't happening. That's pretty much that.