Looking for some info

Coffeeme

New Recruit
Driver
I am completely new to this, and I'm interested in learning more and trying it out.

I do not have a CDL. I'm interested in driving a sprinter, or anything I can without a CDL. I have a clean driving record / background is also clean.

I understand that you may have to be on the road for weeks at a time and I am completely fine with that. I held a job for 16 years. The company I worked for closed the property, now I am out of work and looking for new opportunities.

I'm in New Jersey. If someone could point me into the right direction that would be much appreciated.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
That is a good place to start , your local state office , also are you a vet by chance , if you are there are many place to look for job's

Coffeeme

New Recruit
Driver
I would understand sir if they might be some down sides. I did some research and it sounds like something I would like to do.

No sir, I am not a vet.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are going to do it. Get your CDL. The van peeps' tell me that there are to many of them. Plus you get a CDL you are not limited. The sky is the limit LMAO

Reactions: jcochristoph

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are going to do it. Get your CDL. The van peeps' tell me that there are to many of them. Plus you get a CDL you are not limited. The sky is the limit LMAO
Van peep here. Tobster is correct, and if your company did shut down, you are probably considered a Displaced Worker. That would qualify you for free training to pursue another career. Check with your county's unemployment office, and good luck!

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
CoffeeMe. You can always go back to a van when the rates or freight gets better. Just be careful on how you get your CDL, some of these companies don't pay nothing when you go to there schools.