///// looking for people who can or already run from Roanoke, VA to Nashville TN /////

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi All ,

Haven't been online for a while but just remembered this place could be a valuable resource so hoping to find somebody that ideally lives in the Roanoke Virginia area and already has a regular run going towards or to Nashville Tennessee ....

I know a lot of expedite boards are around and I recently joined dat again but I can't seem to find anybody on there that runs regional or local everybody seems to be more or less over the road

Other than posting on sites like this one ( are there actually any other sites like this?) is there any other resource to hopefully finding a driver already doing something like that?

The other thing is I actually have a regular run that goes from Virginia Beach Virginia to Roanoke Virginia daily how would I go about finding loads for that?

I say loads maybe back hauls etc? Or partials that I could add on.

I have tried calling numerous courier companies but most of them seem to run more or less local but some of them do go out of their own City but unfortunately not in the right direction

I went on load boards but a lot of them seem to be over the road oriented

Anyways if anybody here is making any regular runs it would be nice to know about also specifically if you're in Virginia because I actually have a few things that maybe I can team with you on

Hopefully this is in the right spot but I just wanted to kind of get it out there to see if there's anybody on this board that does anything like that already

Thanks
Andrew

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi

Thanks for the reply... you know in my lengthy post thing I forgot to include that information!

Anyways I'm currently running a full size cargo van ( e350 extended) on the route.
Starting off from the Richmond area I'm loaded until I get to Roanoke where I'm basically fully open at that point cargo wise. Weight wise it'll hold about 3000 lbs and 12 foot load length.

However if there's a large load or too much to initially carry, I am set up to tow a trailer and have access to a 6x12 tandem axle trailer... Weight capacity 5000 lbs.

Thanks
Andrew

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Once you go over your Van's door tag weight your no longer under the radar of the dot so no trailer.
Keep the van or box van under the 10k door tag.
So you need 3 skids 3500 to 4k weight.
So weight the van with just you a full tank and gear needed and empty weight then subtract that from the door tag and that is your legal weight limit. Do not go over that limit because your then over the safety limit of both your tire weight and break stopping power.
You really don't want a tire blow out in the mountains.

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi

Good point ....you know I spent all my time thinking about staying under 26, 001 combined GVWR that the under 10k limit must have gotten overlooked by me .

Most of the time when I'm running I'm usually running with very small things that can fit in the front seat or at most maybe a several items or a few items in the backseat .... (I started off as a car courier moving medical trays and pharmaceutical goods so back then I never worried about weight limits or size but since I'm trying now get work from other companies I have to realize that most companies probably move bigger things than what I'm used to or have historically done.

Thanks for pointing that out....

For what it's worth I'm actually also finding out that it's hard to find loads .... Especially if you're trying to add things on to a dedicated run.

Andrew

Andrew

Reactions: danthewolf00