Looking for Narrow & Long Box for Cargo Van cab chassis.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So they will custom build to your dimensions? Which box manufacturer would be the lightest, best quality while being economical?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Similar to this in width of box. 75 " wide on inside.
Looking for Narrow long and tall. 16ft longest I could go to stay under 10,000 lbs?

You are aware that a cargo box size has absolutely nothing to do with the vehicles gvw rating, right?...

So many try to create a van straight truck, so to speak, expecting straight truck rates, only to show up to a shipper, who is unpleasantly surprised and p.o'd that a van showed up instead of the straight he asked for...there may be reasons why he asked for a straight truck..I've seen it happen, only to turn that van away, mad as a wet hen, ripping the company he called a new butthole..

Just keep a van a van, and straight trucks straight trucks...

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Screenshot_20220121-002348_Chrome.jpgImagine showing up in this with no customer complaints. They wouldn't offer a cab chassis Transit Promaster or Sprinter if that was the case. I need maximum cargo space and have outgrown my 158 wb and need to look at possible options. I like what Volens and Synergy are doing bringing new ideas to the table.

Last edited:

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, it is sweet, going as far as to be referred to as spank material...lol

However, there is no way that is under 10k gvw...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the weight issue would be fine given a cab chassis is 4700 lbs, box is 1000-1200. Roof Sleeper and extra cab I was planning would put it around 7000 giving me 3000 lbs for the load. The main issue is the price, Synergy Upfit quoted $13500 for their lightweight box 14 ft. Plus $5500 on the sleeper which I think will go down once these are mass produced or more competition as I was expecting pricing in $3-4k range. I found a extra cab for $3300 which is a good deal. None of these prices include installation to my knowledge. So even if I bought a used 2015 cab chassis I'd still be in over 50k on the build which is too much to spend in today's current market.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the weight issue would be fine given a cab chassis is 4700 lbs, box is 1000-1200. Roof Sleeper and extra cab I was planning would put it around 7000 giving me 3000 lbs for the load. The main issue is the price, Synergy Upfit quoted $13500 for their lightweight box 14 ft. Plus $5500 on the sleeper which I think will go down once these are mass produced or more competition as I was expecting pricing in $3-4k range. I found a extra cab for $3300 which is a good deal. None of these prices include installation to my knowledge. So even if I bought a used 2015 cab chassis I'd still be in over 50k on the build which is too much to spend in today's current market.
19 grand for a habitrail sleeper ?? And a canvas side so called box? Absolutely ludicrous! Yes, it is a volatile van market right now. Unpredictable. Especially the way this country is going. I can't encourage enough to get and stay out of debt as quickly as possible. And used vehicles are through the roof right now because new vehicles are scarce. Try and find a under 10,000 gvw cutaway. Good luck! There was a 2018 transit drw, 14' box under 10k gvw with 15k miles that sold in 3 days gorgeous! $53,000. Glad I bought my replacement when I did last year. I know I can sell it for quite a bit more right now if I wanted to get out of the business.

Last edited: