Looking for loads for my sprinter

Irshad adam

New Recruit
Driver
New to the business and would love more info on how to get consitant good loads.. I'm currently in Hartford ct.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Well Adam, you've put the cart before the horse by having a truck before you have a commitment for the freight. What type of vehicle are you operating? What is your opinion on what consistent loads are? What is a good load mean to you? There is seldom a situation where you will get consistent good loads, particularly if you are new to the business. There are consistent opportunities and there are occasional good loads. No contractor on here is going to spoon feed you valuable information if you are unwilling to make an effort to due your own research. I suggest you read through the Newbies Forum for a start so that you can get a better understanding about the expedite experience. If you don't want to do that, you might get consistent good loads by getting a job as an employee with a local delivery service.

Irshad adam

New Recruit
Driver
Thanks for the info terry.. I havnt purchased the vehicle yet, it will be sometime with the next week or so. It's a 2014 2500 sprinter. I completely understand it may very well be inconsistent and some days are better than others. Once I'm getting work occasionally and not sitting on my ass at home is most important. Also yes I have been reading the forums to better familiarize myself. I've been doing alot of research as well and taking any kind of advice.

Reactions: that210fella

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are a lot of moving parts to Expedite, pun intended.

My advice, sign on with a company, learn the business through experience.

So many people want to cut out the dispatch company right from the start, not realizing the cost of a dot and mc number, load insurance, and cost to be on load boards. When you add it all up, you realized you’ve given yourself a mile of headache for maybe an inch of profit.

Reactions: Irshad adam

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Before signing on with any company, i suggest hold off buying anything. Drive for sombody for a year or two to see if you even like the lifestyle. Learn the ins and outs of the business first.

Irshad adam

New Recruit
Driver
Ragman I understand a decent amount so far. I've been a delivery driver with cargo Van's and SUVs for about 12 yrs now. I'm now trying to do bigger things and that's what I'm unsure about.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are not delivery drivers. We hurry up to wait. And some times we wait for days on end. Also living like a dog on the streets is different than what a delivery driver does. Some people can't handle it. If you are one of them it is much easier to walk away when you did not invest a boat load of money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
There are a lot of moving parts to Expedite, pun intended.

My advice, sign on with a company, learn the business through experience.

So many people want to cut out the dispatch company right from the start, not realizing the cost of a dot and mc number, load insurance, and cost to be on load boards. When you add it all up, you realized you’ve given yourself a mile of headache for maybe an inch of profit.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Are you inferring that all you need is a van and the dispatch will provide the insurance, dot & MC for you? Or did I understand that incorrectly?

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you inferring that all you need is a van and the dispatch will provide the insurance, dot & MC for you? Or did I understand that incorrectly?

With Fusion you need a van within 5 years of current, high top, and 144” of floor space, You also need Liability Insurance ($1 million).

You run under Fusion’s DOT, MC, and cargo insurance, their dispatch is obviously paying for load boards.

In full disclosure, you do pay a less than $40/week payment in to said things, but last time I checked, Sylectus Alone is $300/month and I’m paying less than $150/month for all said services, and it’s taken out of my settlements.

Where dispatch makes their money is on loads, where I get 74% of the load and dispatch gets 26%.

It’s not really hard to do the math. You have a 10,000 mile month, you add up $150 + what 26% would be. THEN, add up the cost of DOT, MC, Cargo Insurance, cost of Load Boards, and being small time, you’ll want the equivalent of a “check cashing” for loads that will pay out immediately instead of waiting weeks or months to be paid on a load, which will cost you a small % as well. Also, you’ll be doing 100% of the work dealing with shippers, receivers, and insurance companies.

Compare the 2, and see if dispatching yourself is worth it.

Reactions: Ippo86

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

With Fusion you need a van within 5 years of current, high top, and 144” of floor space, You also need Liability Insurance ($1 million).

You run under Fusion’s DOT, MC, and cargo insurance, their dispatch is obviously paying for load boards.

In full disclosure, you do pay a less than $40/week payment in to said things, but last time I checked, Sylectus Alone is $300/month and I’m paying less than $150/month for all said services, and it’s taken out of my settlements.

Where dispatch makes their money is on loads, where I get 74% of the load and dispatch gets 26%.

It’s not really hard to do the math. You have a 10,000 mile month, you add up $150 + what 26% would be. THEN, add up the cost of DOT, MC, Cargo Insurance, cost of Load Boards, and being small time, you’ll want the equivalent of a “check cashing” for loads that will pay out immediately instead of waiting weeks or months to be paid on a load, which will cost you a small % as well. Also, you’ll be doing 100% of the work dealing with shippers, receivers, and insurance companies.

Compare the 2, and see if dispatching yourself is worth it.
Within 5 years of current to sign on, or replace that van every 5 years as a hard limit?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All I'm getting here is the Fusion in Toronto on searches...its a carrier, presumably decal on van etc. Like the percentage tho

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
New to the business and would love more info on how to get consitant good loads.. I'm currently in Hartford ct.
When you have your vehicle call 12033096127. Company called The New beginnings. They can get you loads but as far as consistancy, it's hard. Get more companies so when one has nothing another one is there. I got 8 companies dispatching me and I rarely have a problem with finding a load.

Sent from my SM-J337A using EO Forums mobile app