Looking For Information

Socrates

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been driving Class 8 Tractor / trailer for seven years.
Our children are grown and my wife and I would like to start driving a Class 7 truck for a Expediting Company as a team before we decide to purchase our own truck. We are new to this and would like any help you can give. Thanks.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Augusta, GA, Atlanta, GA, Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC are all good places for Landstar Express America. You can contact the Augusta agent at 800-569-4017; arrange to stop in to see them and ask about the business. LEA is different from most expediters because they get loads through independent agents, rather than a central company dispatch. You can get more info from Rick Seleski, Southern recruiter, at 800-622-0658.

My buddy who lives in Atlanta recently switched to LEA and has been very happy with the amount of business he gets out of the Atlanta area. I switched to LEA 3/1/00 and have been happier with them than I was the past two years with another expediter.

If you are not interested in owning your own unit, LEA may be able to put you in contact with some owners looking for drivers.
If you buy your own unit, there lots of good used units available. I saw Panther unit in charlotte which was a 2000 Freightliner FL60 with 5,000 miles on it for sale a week ago.

Good Luck. Mike C

G

Hi, I am the daughter of a former truck driver and I am interested in purchasing lost frieght for resale in the retial market. I have been told that lost frieght can be purchased at airports. I have been unsuccesful in locating a name or phone number of a comapany that sells lost frieght. I live in the Baltimore area but can travel to make purchases. Hope you can help me with this. If my dad was still around, I know he would know. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. Fran

G

Removing stickers, and glue

I am wondering what the best way to remove stickers, and then the glue.
I plan to use a heat gun for the stickers, but there must be a
spray, or something to remove the remaining glue from the truck.
Thanks for any help.
Mikey

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Go with Landstar and you will need good contacts, Like a good Bankruptcy attorney.

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Socrates, call Paul! 912-271-8267 Nice guy, hell of a character, and great trucks. We used to drive class 8 also, then went to work for him before buying a truck of our own. He is also in your neck of the woods.

G

WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAMS AND WE HAVE NEW TRUCKS LEASED TO TRI-STATE EXPEDITING . WE PAY FOR EVERYTHING ,FUEL,AIG INS 800-BEEPERS ,Q.C.COMPUTERS,THE FED-X LETTERS THAT IS SENT TO T.ST. WITH YOUR PAPERWORK IN EACH WEEK,WE DO WIRE TRAN.ON YOUR CHECKS TO THE BANKS EVER FRIDAY .AND WE PAY ARE TEAMS 45% AND 50% SO IF YOU WANT CALL US OR E-MAIL WE LIVE 40 MILES INTO MI. WE ARE ALSO CLOSE FRIENDS WITH SHEEL AT ALUMI BUNK IF YOU DRIVE FOR US AND YOU WOULD LIKE THIS BUSS.DENNIS HELP YOU WITH GETTING A LOAN, TRI-STATE HAS A 3-DAY CLASS. AND YOU WOULD HAVE ONE OF ARE TRUCKS TO SLEEP IN ,THERE ARE NEW TRUCKS 1-888-388-9381 OR E-MAIL AT [email protected]