looking for info

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife and I are considering expediting and are looking for advice on how to start. We know very little and are looking for real straight, honest input. Our jobs are dead end and we need a change. The kids are gone so we can be. Thanks in advance. Joe

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Hey layout,

I am a wannabee who is always asking the questions. I can finally give some advice. Turn off the TV for a couple evenings or more and just go through the forum. Read all the questions and replies. You can learn a lot. Good luck. :+ :+

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Louisville truck show is coming up March 31-April 2. It would be worth your time and effort to attend. All major expediter carriers will be there. You can talk to the recruiters, acquire information packets, and see trucks. You can meet other drivers. You can talk with truck dealers and see a variety of products expediters use everyday. You can chat with folks at the EO booth. Attending the show will make expediting more to you than just an idea. it will add real-world content to the things you read about here on EO.

The show is huge. About 70,000 attendees and 1,000 exhibitors participate. It's impossible to take it all in in the three days the show runs, so plan your time. An entire section is dedicated to expediting. That would be a good place to start.

The Mid-American Trucking Show (show's official name) web site is:

http://www.truckingshow.com/

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>Hey layout,
>
>I am a wannabee who is always asking the questions. I can
>finally give some advice. Turn off the TV for a couple
>evenings or more and just go through the forum. Read all
>the questions and replies. You can learn a lot. Good luck.
> :+ :+
Thanks, I have been doing that, gone bugeyed etc. Learned a ton so far. Joe

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the advice, I don't think I can make that one but I understand that there is a similar event in Cincy a bit later. I will try for that one. Joe