Looking for company that allows dogs

NTTandme

Seasoned Expediter
It does work for us. I've got one black lab and two ridge backs. They are a good bunch. The great thing about staying at a truckstop or Walmart, there always seems to be a large field or woods close by where they can run around free. They get their excersize and so do i. Now thinking about buying a cube van/box truck to give us some more space....or maybe adopt some more dogs:p. Oh only kidding three is more then enough. It seems not a lot of people are using the cubevans? Only found a couple of threads about the cubevans. Any idea's.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh Dakota i like that idea about the dogs pulling the van, ha good one:D

One thing I learned from raising a Rottweiler: working dogs are happiest when they're working!
On the cube van, there's a couple at Load One, maybe they'll jump in & add some details....

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Also be aware of Canadian customs regulations if planning to do cross border loads.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

TeaDance

Active Expediter
I traveled with my dog and the only complaint was when the weather was bad......wet feet, wet dog every where before I had a chance to dry her.
Also, you will need medical papers from your Vet if you plan on border crossing!
Best of luck!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I traveled with my dog and the only complaint was when the weather was bad......wet feet, wet dog every where before I had a chance to dry her.
Also, you will need medical papers from your Vet if you plan on border crossing!
Best of luck!

That's true. If it's cold and wet out, where do you think she wants to go immediately when we get back in? When it's dry, she sits on the seat and I have to tell her to move so I can get in. If she's wet, she jumps right on my bed.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
It does work for us. I've got one black lab and two ridge backs. They are a good bunch. The great thing about staying at a truckstop or Walmart, there always seems to be a large field or woods close by where they can run around free. They get their excersize and so do i. Now thinking about buying a cube van/box truck to give us some more space....or maybe adopt some more dogs:p. Oh only kidding three is more then enough. It seems not a lot of people are using the cubevans? Only found a couple of threads about the cubevans. Any idea's.

Thin the heard. You the dogs, your gear and a full tank of fuel will max you out at gvw. I have looked at several under 10k cubes. One weighed 7000 empty 8600 gvw. But the best was the 12 ft one with 800 left over for cargo. Someone put a lift gate on it.

There is a reason you don't see many. They don't carry much with out going over the magic 10k mark.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member
Got that beat-

In Lansing one time I saw a husband wife team. The side door was open in the Sprinter, and there behind the drivers seat was one large kennel, on top of that was 2 small ones, on top of that was a cat carrier.........not done yet...... Hanging from the roof was a bird cage. So when they came back from walking the heard, I had to go talk with them. 1 large dog, 2 small ones, 1 cat, and 1 bird....and the two of them! They were trying to get to Fla. to give the bird to a friend...... now that is an EEK! :eek:

I hate to say this, but that is way too much.Things like this may be what gets us regulated as what we can and cannot carry in any type of CMV.Where is the safety in this? Too many distractions? I can see a medium sized dog, but more than one would be too much, I would think.I know of a driver who has 2 airdales in his truck. They sleep on the bottom bunk, and he sleeps on the top bunk.I once met a girl in Medina, Oh, who lived in her semi, and had a pot-bellied pig with her.She carried a board/ramp that she kept on the cat walk for the pig to go in and out of the truck with.A mechanic once told me of a driver that came in to have his truck fixed, and didnt tell them about the area under the lower bunk was converted to a snake cage.Where do we draw the line between common sense and stupid?Back in "95, there was a husband and wife team in a van that had a monkey with them in their van.He used to be a professional wrestler back in his day.Real nice, clean older couple who loved the monkey.Real interesting.:eek:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Where do we draw the line between common sense and stupid?

How about where the Bill of Rights does, you know, how it says that we are to be secure in our persons, papers, and effects... How about we get the gummint off our backs and go back to us telling them what they may have rather than the reverse?

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.