Looking for company that allows dogs

paullud

Veteran Expediter
My wife and I are looking for a company to team drive for in a cargo van that allows dogs. I can put in a wall to keep the dogs out of the freight area if that is an issue. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I drove for Bolt and Panther, they both allowed dogs. I believe there are a ton of Carriers that allow pets. Just ask.:rolleyes:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I am pretty sure that most companies allow dogs, it's just that some shippers and receivers do not allow pets on their property.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
My wife and I are looking for a company to team drive for in a cargo van that allows dogs. I can put in a wall to keep the dogs out of the freight area if that is an issue. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

You said DOGS....as more than 1....I have my Chihuahua and my self in a c/v...and that seems to be a bit much....2 people and multiple animals in van .....might want to think that out....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I know it will be tight with 2 dogs but I am willing to give it a try. I was just hoping to get some responses here rather than calling multiple companies.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I know it will be tight with 2 dogs but I am willing to give it a try. I was just hoping to get some responses here rather than calling multiple companies.

I would think that the issue of who allows pets would not be the only criteria for choosing who to sign on with, so wouldn't you be calling multiple companies anyways? :confused:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I would think that the issue of who allows pets would not be the only criteria for choosing who to sign on with, so wouldn't you be calling multiple companies anyways? :confused:

It is not the only criteria but it is one that most do not list so I am just trying to narrow down some choices. The companies will usually list the basics like pay, driver/equipment requirements, and running areas on their sites but I have found very few that list information about pets.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Probably your biggest problems are not what carriers will allow it. The biggest problems will be what fleet owners will allow it and what customers you go to will allow it.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Most companies allow dogs, and cats for that matter. But generally speaking, loads that pick up at power plants,airports, military and gov. Facilities do not allow them. Not saying all, just most. I have seen drivers from FECC, Bolt, and TS with dogs.

Reactions: Hope

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Most companies allow dogs, and cats for that matter. But generally speaking, loads that pick up at power plants,airports, military and gov. Facilities do not allow them. Not saying all, just most. I have seen drivers from FECC, Bolt, and TS with dogs.

And Panther. When I saw a youngish woman sitting in the open back of her van at the Seville Pilot, with 3 big dogs, I had to stop and chat, lol. She said it gets crowded at times, but it works for her. :eek:
Jenny is right, so you want to make sure your carrier is aware of the dog, and doesn't send you to a place that won't allow it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And Panther. When I saw a youngish woman sitting in the open back of her van at the Seville Pilot, with 3 big dogs, I had to stop and chat, lol. She said it gets crowded at times, but it works for her. :eek:
Jenny is right, so you want to make sure your carrier is aware of the dog, and doesn't send you to a place that won't allow it.

3 BIG dogs?? That borders on cruelty...Id report her...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Got that beat-

In Lansing one time I saw a husband wife team. The side door was open in the Sprinter, and there behind the drivers seat was one large kennel, on top of that was 2 small ones, on top of that was a cat carrier.........not done yet...... Hanging from the roof was a bird cage. So when they came back from walking the heard, I had to go talk with them. 1 large dog, 2 small ones, 1 cat, and 1 bird....and the two of them! They were trying to get to Fla. to give the bird to a friend...... now that is an EEK! :eek:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Got that beat-

In Lansing one time I saw a husband wife team. The side door was open in the Sprinter, and there behind the drivers seat was one large kennel, on top of that was 2 small ones, on top of that was a cat carrier.........not done yet...... Hanging from the roof was a bird cage. So when they came back from walking the heard, I had to go talk with them. 1 large dog, 2 small ones, 1 cat, and 1 bird....and the two of them! They were trying to get to Fla. to give the bird to a friend...... now that is an EEK! :eek:

That would be a tight squeeze.

rooster21

Seasoned Expediter
Got that beat-

Wow, you just made my night....Yikes...lol :eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
3 BIG dogs?? That borders on cruelty...Id report her...

3 German Shepherds - known for shedding massive amounts, no less. :eek:
I'd have reported her in a heartbeat, if the dogs looked uncared for - but they didn't. There were food and water bowls out, no sign of slovenliness, no smell of offensive anything, and the dogs looked healthy and happy. She seemed to be on top of it, bless her heart - it's 3 more dogs than I'd want in a van, lol.

gatorfan068

Active Expediter
Back when I drove in 2003,there was a couple that teamed in a cargo van with a baby pot belly pig.They loved it and took it for walks.I also saw a couple in Perrysburg that had 2 labs in their van. Most carriers require that the pet has all shots and they need that in black n white. As mentioned before most carriers put this in your screen,but may limited your loads going into certain plants.

NTTandme

Seasoned Expediter
Well thank you Cheri, i appreciate it. I was just browsing through the forem and came upon this topic. It was crowed at times, very nice and warm in the winter tho:)
The dogs got more exercise out on the road then they do at home. Thanks again for seeing that they were, and still are, healthy and happy.
Be safe out there

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well thank you Cheri, i appreciate it. I was just browsing through the forem and came upon this topic. It was crowed at times, very nice and warm in the winter tho:)
The dogs got more exercise out on the road then they do at home. Thanks again for seeing that they were, and still are, healthy and happy.
Be safe out there

Didn't do anything you should thank me for - just told the truth. Which is that some people can manage some things better than others - I couldn't handle 3 dogs in a van, myself, lol, but you did a great job.
Welcome to EO, BTW. Where we look out for each other, and the animals, too. :)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be safe out there

That's awesome.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
You said DOGS....as more than 1....I have my Chihuahua and my self in a c/v...and that seems to be a bit much....2 people and multiple animals in van .....might want to think that out....

Just get a couple of Newfoundlands and if the van breaks down or you want to save gas they can pull it:rolleyes::D
Newfoundlands are the best dogs in the world...if you can put up with all the fur!!!

Last edited: