Looking for a Used Expediter Truck? Consider This...

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Yes it has lots of bells and whistles, but 159k for a truck with nearly half a million miles is too much IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes it has lots of bells and whistles, but 159k for a truck with nearly half a million miles is too much IMO.

I agree. Price Is too high. You could get 3 decent straights for that amount.

Sent from my TBDG773 using EO Forums mobile app

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I think we all agree - this truck isn't for everyone. The point is - it's an exceptional rig and above standard truck...for someone who wants all the extra tools and features. They'll pay for that luxury.

There are Cadillacs and Kia's - they both take you to the same place - right? Some prefer Caddy's others Kia's.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bet it is a VERY nice truck, and knowing the Caffee's it has been maintained to the highest standards. It is not, however, not the truck for me.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

You can't buy a brand new truck built like this for $159,000. If you did, add on the Excise tax for three axles which is about $30,000 to $40,000. The lift-gate on this truck is was not cheap. It has an APU, and many more things. I'm sure if you built this truck brand new the way it is right now the cost would be around $225,000 to $240,000.00 Yea, the price may be a little high, but it's not that much for everything it has on it. Bob and Linda take very good care of their truck as I have seen Bob many times out cleaning their old truck and painting the letters purple on the tires. If Tricia and I was to go on the road I would buy this truck for us. This truck will find a good husband wife team that wants to save $100,000 or more building the same truck. The truck will easily get another million miles out of it as we have had trucks get 1.6 million miles in our fleet. Yes, I drove that truck and put our drivers in the newer trucks we owned.

Last edited:

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
It's a great rig. If you shop these trucks and add up the costs of skirting, trailer tails, etc you'll see it's a very fair price. I agree with the Cadillac/kia comparison. This truck will make the same revenue as a $40,000 truck will, but with 11mpg over 9mpg and no major repairs vs. constant repairs the price difference gets real small.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
All of you are right the truck is priced high as it is easier to go down on price then to go up.

Work was done before we listed the truck to come up with a comparable and there is not another truck like this one that we could find that has sold or been offered for sale.

The Cascadia is basically new with enough miles on it to have a proven track record that is documented.

Since we show the truck as often as we do the truck has been maintained as close to new as possible and Bob is constantly vigilant on maintenance.

The Cascadia can go anywhere in the United States and is carb compliant.

Bob and I set this truck up to stay out on the road for months at a time and be as comfortable as possible while staying available for loads. This truck and sleeper combination has worked perfectly for Bob and I and our next truck/sleeper combination will basically be set up the same.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
It is more than just the truck, it is the whole "Team Run Smart Program" https://www.teamrunsmart.com/articl...pply-to-be-a-team-run-smart-pro-dr?feed=blogs Whoever was the brainchild of Team Run Smart should be fully recognized for this. Caffee' truck is one of the most technologically advanced (proven/beta tested) trucks. And it is now on the market. In another two years it will be done again with even more improvements. As the Caffees get this type of truck "dialed in" we will all benefit from their efforts. If it was a T-Val truck (price adjusted for that equipment) I would be in line bidding on it. To say the truck is amazing is an understatement. The extras on it are most useful and functional to provide better returns to the owner and service to the customers.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I have been fortunate enough to have a quick tour of it while in CA. This truck is immaculate and cleaner than new.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

geffrey

Seasoned Expediter
If you think this truck carries a high price tag, go out and visit a dealer with knowledge.

Build this truck on a computer with all the extras Bob & Linda have installed. You will then realize

this truck carries a very fair price for the package they are offering, plus the devoted

maintenance preformed on this unit. Just the time invested toward getting a project like this

started is beyond BIG.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Well, I thought that truck could even have a place in my fleet if I could make the money work, but after finding out that fedex is doing flat rate only on the dod loads for dry box trucks there's no way I could consider a truck that expensive while at the fed. I'd recommend whoever buys it to consider landstar or panther if they want to be able to afford this truck.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
to provide better returns to the owner and service to the customers.

....less a $3,500 bill each month for the next 5 yrs. But that said, there is a b*tt for every seat. Good luck and maybe when you're ready to sell your next one our ship will have come in.