Looking for a good read?

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
PLASTICS PURGE
Michael SanClements

It’s not often that I find anything that piques my interest especially when comes to a book written about the environment it is on a table top with several other cures for insomnia.The florescent green with hot pink writing caught my attention.
upload_2017-5-23_22-44-18.jpeg

REVIEW.
I picked up the book Friday afternoon and finished its 157 pages over the weekend. I consider myself an open minded independent conservative so I like to gather information from both sides of a topic, think about it, and come to my own conclusions.
As a conservationist as well as an in training NYSDEC hunter education instructor. I try to spend as much of my free time Hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, and etc., so yes I value clean air, water and land. I planned on returning it with at best one page read expecting the author to be a guilt tripping tree hugging wiener. I was pleasantly surprised and as rare as it is on this occasion I was wrong as the book is based on verifiable facts.

I skipped to the first chapter I’m a meat and potatoes man. Michael SanClements, starts out discussing the history of plastics beginning with how they came to be, improvements that made them more useful and briefly how the petrochemical, synthetics, and plastics industries evolved. He then reviles several areas in our lives where we find them and they are just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, he does go into the environmental issues but he then discusses ways to minimize the use and resulting impact in a realistic and practical way.

In summary.
Michael SanClements acknowledges plastics, an important part of modern life as we know it and have definitely made our lives safer and better. However he shows the facts of the dangers of plastics based on science and reasonable proof. No matter what side of the environmental debate you are on I’m sure you will find this book a good read and recommend it to others.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-23_21-57-55.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-23_21-57-55.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 10
  • upload_2017-5-23_21-58-12.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-23_21-58-12.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 10