Looking for a company

Dresow

Seasoned Expediter
We are looking for a company that can get us close to the Northwest or California every couple of months. We had been talking to Express America and we bought a New Sprinter Van and now they have a freeze on Vans. We have been driving for Landstar Ranger for 4 1/2 years . Both of us have completely clean MVR's at least 5 years clean Dot insp. and no Tickets. Any ideas woud be appreciated. Thanks

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Feel free to call Brian in our recruiting department. I am sure we could help you out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Top Notch Company with stand up People at Load-1 buddy!!!:D

so Todd tell me...

Load-1 pays you on time?

Load-1 has kept you moving?

Load-1 dispatchers easy to work with?

In your experience how would you rate Load-1 dispatchers?

Load-1 rates and FSC are like John says they are??

If I remember rightly E-1 you also claimed was TOP NOTCH?

Mr. E please don't take offense you can see what I am getting at? I hope...;)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You are with ranger and LEAM tells you there is a freeze?

I think you need to talk to Dave Dallas and ask him what's the deal with that.

I would think you could bring on the van with no issues.

How about a Ranger SuperB?

I know it may sound strange but ... never mind ... I will ruffle some feathers with that comment.

Dresow

Seasoned Expediter
I left a message with Brian Welch at load 1 and a Don Pickles at Express-1 this morning. 14 hours later neither has returned my call. I also talked to a live person at Landstar and she said maybe in a couple of months. It looks like there are to many vans out there. We paid our 2290 for our tractor today. We were just going to park it but that isn't going to happen now. We will keep looking but for now we have something to go camping in.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Are you changing because of a lack of work with landstar or are you just wanting to get rolling in the van?

You should talk to someone above recruiting, Dallas is one who seems to be able to make a decision or two. Like the BS with operations telling BCOs "no you can't have a list of agents because of security reasons", taking it to the top solved the problem.

Dresow

Seasoned Expediter
We run team freight most of the time and set a lot waiting for something worth hauling and when we get it we have little time to get things fixed. Landstar maintenance has gone downhill a lot. Plus we have no home and not much of a life dragging a 53 foot trailer.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You are talking about trailer maintenance?

Everyone sits, no different anywhere else.

I asked them about a month ago about putting on a van and I didn't get any indications that there will be a hold on anything. Not doubting you, I would still move the question up the ladder - especially if you have a good track record with them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
so Todd tell me...

Load-1 pays you on time?

Load-1 has kept you moving?

Load-1 dispatchers easy to work with?

In your experience how would you rate Load-1 dispatchers?

Load-1 rates and FSC are like John says they are??

If I remember rightly E-1 you also claimed was TOP NOTCH?

Mr. E please don't take offense you can see what I am getting at? I hope...;)

Just wondering OVM, has anyone at all on here ever said that they weren't?

But, I agree TJ is excited, lol.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Dresow,

I am sure you will hear from Brian in the morning. Tuesday is orientation so they are normally pretty busy. As well we have one person out for surgery so they are running a bit short handed. Sorry for the delay.

OVM can verify how thorough and prompt we are! LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wondering OVM, has anyone at all on here ever said that they weren't?

But, I agree TJ is excited, lol.

John...isn't NO internet access a requirement? *LOL*

To answer the ? ...nope not one bad word yet...

But wait long enough and Mr Grumpy will come along...a driver so much onto himself that thinks a carrier should kiss his royal arse....they are out there.....*LOL*