Looking at driving.

janaarup

Seasoned Expediter
Hello,
I am new to this work. I drove a School Bus for Laidlaw for a year and they helped me get my CDL B and I went to a CDL A school but just didn't like the Big rigs. Can anyone give me any advice on getting into the business and is there any companies hiring in or near Chicago/ Kankakee IL area. Any help would be appreciated. I want to get out of my current job in a factory and do something better.

Jan"Jon" Aarup
Radio Doctor CB Ch: 19
KA9FXL (146.520 Mhz)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As others have been told who come in like you are, you have found a great resource in the EO web site and forums. Read the posts going back a year or two. Read the drivers lifestyle and carrier profile articles. Links to those are on the home page. "Introduction to Expedting" is also good to read:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/downloads/introduction.pdf

2millionplus

Expert Expediter
janaarup

Being a 30 year vereran of driving buses, Greyhound feeder and charter company, and a 5 year veteran of the expediter business, you are well on your way. Getting a hazmat endorcement would help greatly with getting a job, in this industry. I spent the last 8 years as a recruiter with an expediter, and as Ateam says, you have just connect to one of the best resources there is.

Good luck, plenty of driving jobs out here.

2millionplus

"The Old Man"