Look at your settlement sheet!

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Ever wonder how CC is making out with the new flat rates they are now paying us? My last 2 settlements were as follows: over 300% and 99% (CC's share) of what they paid me. Seems much better for them than the 62% or 58% for us of the billed revenue to the customer.

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
Fed changed their business structure. The ideal is to put more money in their pockets and put enough money in yours to keep you hungry and work your butt off to just get by.

Reactions: Driver2

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
It isnt often I see on the customer's paperwork what Fedex CC is charging them for the load. A few times it is listed. A few years back, we had a problem with a load that involved a big lack of communication between CC and the customer. The customer was livid at what had happened, and showed me that CC had charged them $20,000 for the load, and it was messed up. Hmmmm....I got paid $8,400 for that round trip load between Birmingham AL and Denver, CO. NOT the 61% that is supposed to go to the truck.

Just a few weeks back, on another fiasco load that CC screwed up, the customer was charged $3000 for the load. The truck was paid $1147 for that 475 mile run..........

A whole 'nother thread on IAC loads that WG has really messed up---dangerously!

I would agree, that even in WG, CC is doing some very under-handed dealing.

Last edited:

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
It isnt often I see on the customer's paperwork what Fedex CC is charging them for the load. A few times it is listed. A few years back, we had a problem with a load that involved a big lack of communication between CC and the customer. The customer was livid at what had happened, and showed me that CC had charged them $20,000 for the load, and it was messed up. Hmmmm....I got paid $8,400 for that round trip load between Birmingham AL and Denver, CO. NOT the 61% that is supposed to go to the truck.

Just a few weeks back, on another fiasco load that CC screwed up, the customer was charged $3000 for the load. The truck was paid $1147 for that 475 mile run..........

A whole 'nother thread on IAC loads that WG has really messed up---dangerously!

I would agree, that even in WG, CC is doing some very under-handed dealing.

By law, CC must show you (the contractor)what they are charging to the customer, and if its not on out settlement sheet, you can call Contractor Relations and have them send you the charges. CC must give you that info. Roberts Express used to send us a copy of the actual invoice that the customer got, then they switched to reporting the amount on the settlement sheet. If its missing its a violation of the lease agreement we have.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once you realize that a majority of these loads are brokered to CC from FedEx, you begin to see the potential for underhanded practices.

Reactions: Driver2 and Deville