Long and painful 6 months

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Then comes putting all the wires back together . Actually for me that's the easy part
Anybody need any m2 parts ? Before I scrap the old cab and feameImageUploadedByEO Forums1442429443.475090.jpg

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
What are the specs? Engine, trans, gears, wheelbase, gwvr? What have been the the biggest technical obstacles?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Biggest headache was finding a pre emission engine and chassis chassis with air suspension that had low miles and good records

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The ever readily available dt466 260 hp that was the hard part but at least parts are cheap and plentiful as well as a rebuildable motor for less than 6k which is less than just the parts for the mbe900! So I should be good by the end of next week.
At my age 64 I just couldn't justify buying a new truck , I priced Em but walked out fast, my box gate and sleeper were in great shape, so blackie will live on!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1443034891.558544.jpggetting close maybe by morning then a lot of small details to finish up , new seat , fog lamps, air dump valve, transferring my old aluminum 100 gal fuel tank to it, getting cab painted to match ...... Long list o little stuff! Excited to be back in the game.

Reactions: TDave and Remo