Locations & Banter , January 2019

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, not really in a sense, but when you figure the all miles into the loaded mile pay it is safe to say that yes, they pay well enough that all miles pay above average what everyone else does.
I almost always get Quoted all mile rate by a Human Dispatcher, which in turn makes for a 3 to 5 second quick answer. And when the under 200 milers pay a couple bucks a mile , i will grab all those i can get . Its a winning situation for Load 1 and me...

guido4475

Not a Member
Well, not really in a sense, but when you figure the all miles into the loaded mile pay it is safe to say that yes, they pay well enough that all miles pay above average what everyone else does.
I almost always get Quoted all mile rate by a Human Dispatcher, which in turn makes for a 3 to 5 second quick answer. And when the under 200 milers pay a couple bucks a mile , i will grab all those i can get . Its a winning situation for Load 1 and me...

Yes, the good dispatchers a quick and accurate, wasting no time. They have all the proper Info ready for the call. I absolutely hate trying to pry info out of any dispatcher, it is like peeling an onion..lol..by the time the load info is revealed to the driver by these kinds of dispatchers, the load most likely is gone. It makes me wonder how some of these companies stay afloat. I once worked for a company that had a tv/VCR on one of the desks with a stack of VHS tapes next to it, in the dispatch office. Another company, the owner and her daughter, would not come into work if there's an Indians ball game playing in Cleveland. This is why I admire Load One so much. The professionalism and dedication to what they believe in. The customers and the drivers, and the office staff, which are fantastic to deal with on all levels.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, got it. Shorty, but I'll take it.

Time to get my crap organized in the back, these guys use all my space

Edit: had a great conversation with FlyingVan, I'm beginning to think he's right about straights.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the good dispatchers a quick and accurate, wasting no time. They have all the proper Info ready for the call. I absolutely hate trying to pry info out of any dispatcher, it is like peeling an onion..lol..by the time the load info is revealed to the driver by these kinds of dispatchers, the load most likely is gone. It makes me wonder how some of these companies stay afloat. I once worked for a company that had a tv/VCR on one of the desks with a stack of VHS tapes next to it, in the dispatch office. Another company, the owner and her daughter, would not come into work if there's an Indians ball game playing in Cleveland. This is why I admire Load One so much. The professionalism and dedication to what they believe in. The customers and the drivers, and the office staff, which are fantastic to deal with on all levels.

Wouldn’t work on days that the Indians were in town? What’s wrong with that?

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member

Edit: had a great conversation with FlyingVan, I'm beginning to think he's right about straights.

I love my freedom too much to go back to a straight.

guido4475

Not a Member

Wouldn’t work on days that the Indians were in town? What’s wrong with that?

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Yup. Happened all the time. There was 6 of us leased to her company. I called a former company owner that I knew, told him of my predicament, and he told me to call him back in an hour. I called, and he asked me if I wanted to do a Plastipak in Medina going to Garland with a return load. Yea, buddy! Stopped and got his magnetic signs, permit book, signed the lease agreement, got loaded and ran that, and was back in Cleveland before she even called...with a load...lol..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think I have too much freedom, one delivery a week...

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think I have too much freedom, one delivery a week...

I believe that straight truck is the perfect choice for someone that’s not interested in leaving the sleeper.

Reactions: brokcanadian