Load1 (loade offer texts)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Cant say, i do know that we would not like it. To impersonal !!!!!!!!

Also some loads require more information that a text message can provide and multiple texts back and forth are just as time consuming as a phone call !!!!!

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not really into the text idea. When I'm sleeping a text won't always wake me, questions via text are more time consuming I think. It takes longer to type than talk.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just curious......does anybody in the office ever kick around the idea of sending load offers in a text??
Probably. But it doesn't really make much sense at Load One. At Panther we received load offers via text (and the QC), and while some people liked the texts, it was mostly just redundant. Load offers by text offered some benefit for those who were out of the truck, like in a restaurant or taking a shower, but that's not really an issue at Load One. The reason is, Load One generally does not dispense load offers, but rather calls you to see if you want them to place a bid on a load.

They could send those out by text, but then they've got to sit there and wait for you to respond. And if you're asleep you ain't gonna. That can be a real problem if the customer is on the phone, or when an extra minute or two can make the difference between getting and not getting the bid.