Load op $$ diff from load info $$

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Anyone else having a problem with the load opportunity rate not matching the rate when you get the load info??? We have had discrepancies from $1.44 up to over $20. It doesn't seem like much but it happens frequently. Curious how many trucks aren't noticing and thus putting even more $$$ in Oh

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Are you hauling Haz? Sometimes their are reroutes that make you drive further and they don't figure those out until after you accept the load. That's been common for us. But it is always in our favor. I've never had a load pay less than the load offer unless it became a dry run.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Happens to us....I wouldn't say with regularity, but has happened often. As soon as we're dispatched on a load, the Puerto Rican finance minister enters it into quickbooks, and tells me what the advance should be (should we decide to take one). If the advance request gets bounced, we know there's a problem. I also write the run pay down, and frequently compare to the actual run pay screen when it arrives (we are frequently predispatched).

No idea why it happens, but a quick call to dispatch resolves it with no questions. Happened Monday, and it was short somewhere around $13. We don't get frazzled about it, nor are conspiracy theorists. We are, however, business people, and want paid what we agreed to get paid for the work.

Hope that helps.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can tell you where the discrepancy often occurs and why: fuel surcharge. If you are offered a load just before the new weekly fuel surcharge comes out, the amount can differ by the change ( up or down) in the fuel surcharge.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
My Puerto Rican minister of Transportation is right on top of all our numbers... He says it seems to happen most often on pre-dispatch loads... We have seen the differences on both mileage pay and FSC... It's just annoying to have to call and fight over a couple bucks but at the end of the day/week/month/year it sure does add up.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
My Puerto Rican minister of Transportation is right on top of all our numbers... He says it seems to happen most often on pre-dispatch loads... We have seen the differences on both mileage pay and FSC... It's just annoying to have to call and fight over a couple bucks but at the end of the day/week/month/year it sure does add up.

Well, do the math... say $5.00 average X 1400 dispatches per day (includes the regional $ dedicated) = $7,000.00 X 365 = 2,555,000.00 Two and one half million dollars! I know sometimes it is more than $5, and sometimes less, not all 1400+- dispatches per day and not all 365 days... but we have certainly had to chase our money and it has been in the hundreds... not just a few $s.
Anything that is short on miles, is short on the pay, short on tolls, is short on pay, short on accessorial fees, is short on pay, not paying the truck all the fuel surcharges charged to the customer is short on pay also. As you pointed out, it really adds up! And it is not just FedEx doing it.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Well, do the math... say $5.00 average X 1400 dispatches per day (includes the regional $ dedicated) = $7,000.00 X 365 = 2,555,000.00 Two and one half million dollars! I know sometimes it is more than $5, and sometimes less, not all 1400+- dispatches per day and not all 365 days... but we have certainly had to chase our money and it has been in the hundreds... not just a few $s.
Anything that is short on miles, is short on the pay, short on tolls, is short on pay, short on accessorial fees, is short on pay, not paying the truck all the fuel surcharges charged to the customer is short on pay also. As you pointed out, it really adds up! And it is not just FedEx doing it.

I need your calculator.

There's not 1400 trucks in the fleet. Usually, somewhere around 1/3 are out of service. That's less than 1,000. And then there's the assumption that every one of the in-service ones have a load....every day.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I need your calculator.

There's not 1400 trucks in the fleet. Usually, somewhere around 1/3 are out of service. That's less than 1,000. And then there's the assumption that every one of the in-service ones have a load....every day.

Dispatches, not trucks... and that includes Supply Chain, Regionals and Dedicated. All part of the FEDEX Network in winch CC is under. Never said 1400 trucks.:)