load boards

PROCUT736

Seasoned Expediter
Anybody know what load boards express 1 uses. I have 78 hours in memphis. Id like to see what they are looking at when looking for loads.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
To be honest I really couldn't answer that. I know they monitor NLM alot but other then that not really sure.

OVM might be able to answer that.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
What do you drive? I am in a CV and I have learned never stay in Memphis. Now as far as straights I have no clue.

If it were me I would head towards Oak Grove KY or Mathews MO. But I would talk to loadplanning personally.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We O/O's have no access to those boards....unless you have your own authority and sign up with them.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody know what load boards express 1 uses. I have 78 hours in memphis. Id like to see what they are looking at when looking for loads.

I wouldn't go to MO.- Jackson,TN keeps you in range of Memphis, Ripley, Lexinton, TN, and points south in Mississippi. I sat for 9 days in Memphis with only one 88 mile run, I live there and didn't mind it too much as Son was home from the Navy, but I was still in service and waiting for a run. Got one from Boonville, MS to Louisville Friday.

PROCUT736

Seasoned Expediter
We are in a straight truck. we have always had pretty good luck getting out of memphis. You ask load planning if you should move and they say no, hang out we will look for something for you. i think they say that because we are the only straight truck team here. the other is a solo. thanks and talk to you later!

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
We are in a straight truck. we have always had pretty good luck getting out of memphis. You ask load planning if you should move and they say no, hang out we will look for something for you. i think they say that because we are the only straight truck team here. the other is a solo. thanks and talk to you later!

They will usually say stay there if your the only vehicle in the area, so just in case a load comes available, you will be there, another words your baby sitting that area for them. But, depends on the load planner you talk with, some are more helpful than others about moving you in the right direction or explaining why they want you to stay, to get a load sooner.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
They will usually say stay there if your the only vehicle in the area, so just in case a load comes available, you will be there, another words your baby sitting that area for them. But, depends on the load planner you talk with, some are more helpful than others about moving you in the right direction or explaining why they want you to stay, to get a load sooner.

I have found that if you call between 00:00 and 04:00 and talk to Ellen or Amber and they have the time to look up different areas find the best area to move too.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
If you call during the day and get Liz, you won't get too much helpful information from her, and unfortunately she is almost always the one that answers when we call. :(

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Ya, for sure, the night crew are the most enjoyable ones to deal with. But, during that time, if I'm sitting, I try to be asleep by then to get a good rest, just in case they call me with a load. Some times sleep is a sparatic thing, get it when I can if I'm tired in the least bit.