Load Acceptance Rates Included in Ranking

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
As an owner I can't try and please the dispatcher. Fedex made a conscious decision to make more profit and not pay a descent pay for loads with enormous DHPU. Its makes no sense to wear out my unit for half of my total miles DHing to the PU. I'm more than happy to run low paying loads toward home. In OH MI IN IL there's no choice but to run the loads if the DH isn't much. I turn down most loads at home and just wait for a local PU. The root cause really is an over supply of drivers nationwide keeping rates low. Until this changes this business will be mediocre at best.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Holding a Truck for a load u need done is wrong.
Trying to convince a driver to do a load when the total price of the load don't cover the tolls is wrong.
Limiting the amount of loads each truck gets each week or total amout of revenue each week is wrong.
Stating we will give u all the Work Loads u can handle THe Sky is the Limit is the RIGHT thing!!!
Trucks OOS to to prevent a High Refusal Rate For some Cats thats how it Rolls.
On the Flip side of that give me a whirl if looks GREEN Im ON IT.
Think about it.

End of Call Click.

Attachments

• 547042_433591400037477_1242416100_n.jpg
    547042_433591400037477_1242416100_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not much else to tell, it was during the time FEDEX was trying to get the fleet to convert over to flat rate. Connecting the dots, it seems like a good strategy to make flat rate appear as a more attractive alternative. ES has gotten many privileges that other fleets owners and O/Os didn't. ie., When better known as the 'RED KWs', their trucks could not scale 13,000 lb cargo yet they were all categorized as a 'D' unit. My truck would only scale 12300 so I was down graded to a 'C' unit untill I found out about the 'Red KWs' and questioned it. Before the end of that phone conversation, I was upgraded to a 'D' unit.

Looking at the overall picture, if you were FEDEX and had a fleet of "won't do" owners then along comes a savvy and capable owner that comes up with solutions and results favorable to FEDEX, what would you do? On my side of the fence as an owner, I don't like it. If I was FEDEX, I would be looking for many more of the 'ES' types with some refinements.

Realize that with each power change (management) the new guy or gal is graded on performance based on their predecessor's performance. When Virginia Albanese got her position when Jack Pickard retired, her goal had to be to improve performance over Pickard. Her check comes from FEDEX, not us. We are simply one of the many vehicles for achieving her results. Then the hot seat focused on Jason Frederick: Managing Director of Operations
President and CEO of Custom Critical July 2013 FedEx Five Star Award - highest honor within the FedEx organization recognizing efforts for leadership, profitable contributions and overall quality improvement to the company. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-frederick/10/158/b63 After that, focus shifts to Bill Logue and the cycle repeats. Each time, the theme follows; 'How can I best improve the division for FEDEX' not 'How I can best improve the profits to the contractors'. It is how it is IRT. When some individuals flaunted their profits, they brought much attention to those who we depend on for our contract dollars...and those dollars have been shrinking at a quicker rate because of it My opinion. If you are making good money keep it to yourself. Don't show up at your company driving a Bentley unless your company manufacturers/sells Bentleys. Don't flaunt your profits to the shipper you serve! I realize that opinions vary widely on this topic, but I really believe that the very few Sam Brannan types has ruined the industry. The Gold Rush of 1849 ? History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts
I wouldnt consider a scooter or skate board in the Catagory of the Bently.
Eating Bean & bacon soup out of a Crock pot Vice Eating steak Dinners like many dont fall in the Catagory Either.

What there to brag about I dont.

The sky should be the limit.

Good Enough
Of Course it is!!!

Attachments

• hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 348
  • jumpyXSS.jpg
    jumpyXSS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 351
  • Jumpy.jpg
    Jumpy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
The profit is less than when I started in 1985. Fedex will lose in the end because only a small pct of people even can put up with this type of life being on the road all the time. They won't be able to cover their loads. I can already see "load cancelled" when I track them after I refuse them. The increasing DHPU miles is a symptom that they can't find trucks in that area to stay on the job, so the only thing left is to offer it to trucks far away. In the end their strategy will fail and nobody wins. Sure they can keep hiring newbies but they will quickly find out they aren't making good money, and they will quit.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to this weeks fleet bulletin load acceptance rates have been dropped from the dispatch criteria.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
According to this weeks fleet bulletin load acceptance rates have been dropped from the dispatch criteria.

After saying it 1000 times someone finely listened. Was that good Sure it was.

Attachments

• hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Jumpy.jpg
    Jumpy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 244
  • jumpyXSS.jpg
    jumpyXSS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 241

jamom123

Expert Expediter
According to them it didn't get the results they wanted. I guess people still weren't willing to run for cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Now's a good time to really get a handle on your numbers.
Cost of operation. Fixed and variable.
Learn how the two affect each other.

Figure out what you WANT for a profit.
Figure out what you NEED for a profit.

And pray it doesn't happen.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well Expedite isn't what it real started out to be is it. When Tariffs are given to Companies where by the don't pay tolls the Bean Counters should look more closely. Will the truck I have pull that load some will for cash flow or just to pay the fuel home. For the most part the Majority wont due basically paying to haul the freight. None of us are in the Business to haul Work for free. I sure am not and. That would like doing a 690 mile DH for free burn 12 hours for free. Now how many would do that. All in all The runs got to pay. We got fuel to buy oil Tires and all the rest. New Trucks run but once the Tires and the up keep hit and if you don't have no money to fix it who going to bail you out no one but your self. So Runs got to pay for the fuel and the tolls. Even the Company Knows this. Now what they could do is pay for the EZ Passes and Pike Passes in the trucks there by they pay the tolls. That is a option. A lot more freight would get moved. Also the North East Fuel in Ohio PA NY MA NH ME CT MD DE is OUTRAGEOUS. Freight Rates have dropped since I came out here. Some say the fuel surcharge has increased well how about this Tractor Trailers get 2.10 a mile all miles and then add the fuel surcharge too it. You think they would go for that. Most likely not. But then again Fuel Surcharge should be just that. Added to the total price of the Run Pay and DH pay 2.10 a mile. What has happened and I looked back over the years the Price of the run went down as the Fuel surcharge went up. Rates should be 2.10 a mile for Dry and 2.45 a mile for Reefer then add the Surcharge. Expedite Freight should be higher than regular Freight any way. But I can understand that its getting watered down because of all the wannabe Expediters Companies trying to get a slice of that pie. Thing is those wannabe's can't hold a stick to us. So these company's that want the real deal will call US to do it after they have had a taste of the Wannabe's. Big deal here is we got to get the Freight Rates up and the Enough to pay the Fuel Drivers tolls and have money for oil changes and Tires belts and Equipment upkeep. Don't you all Agree!! .Now Was that GOOD Sure it Was!!!!!

Attachments

• hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Jumpy.jpg
    Jumpy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 263
  • jumpyXSS.jpg
    jumpyXSS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited: