Little league world series

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Had the day off for some much needed R&R, watching little league world series. I can only say wow these kids are awesome and I fell in love with baseball all over again. In the international pool we watched Saudi playing Canada and this kid from Saudi caught my eye, plays 1st base is 13 years old 2 inches taller than the Shaq at 265lb wears a size 19 shoe! of course he plays "b" ball too...see if you can pick aaron out of the line up.
Mike and Cyn

greg334

Veteran Expediter
wasn't there a problem about 5 years ago or so where a team from south america was caught replacing younger players with older ones (like replacing a 13 year old with a 19 year old)in order to win?

I know that they made a L&O episode out of the scheme.

MDB1

Expert Expediter
In 2001 there was a team from Bronx, NY, that was mostly Latino players and one was a kid named Danny Almonte, originally born in the Dominican Republic, who turned out to be two years older than his phony birth certificate stated. Little League erased Almonte and his team from tournament records and his father was banned from LL for life.

You can read about it here:

http://www.who2.com/dannyalmonte.html

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know a guy who's son stood out just like this guy. You would have sworn he was 4 years older than he was. Also, look at #24 next to him. That face and thick eyebrows make him look 18 or 19.