Life Changes

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Due to circumstances, beyond our control, Jan and I have made the decision to end our expediting career. My Dad, needs help, Jan's Mom may soon need it as well. Add to that a number of other factors and it's time to leave.

We have a lot to do over the next few weeks, job interviews, looking into selling the truck, etc.

We will miss the many friends we have made in our nine years in this business. It was always fun to meet up with those we knew while out there.

I want to thank everyone in here who have helped us over the years, we could have not made it without your help.

We are looking forward to the new challenges that await us and will be able to draw on skills we learned in this business to help us succeed in whatever we take on in the future.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Congratulations on 9 years. Good idea to get out before Winter sets in. Now, you can hunker for extended periods of time. Well done to both of you!

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best wishes too you and thanks for the knowledge you have left here for all to view !

Sent from my flying circus

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Joe, good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. Too bad we didn't get to meet on the road... One time it was really close....
Come back on here once in a while and let us know what you are up to.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Due to circumstances, beyond our control, Jan and I have made the decision to end our expediting career. My Dad, needs help, Jan's Mom may soon need it as well. Add to that a number of other factors and it's time to leave.

We have a lot to do over the next few weeks, job interviews, looking into selling the truck, etc.

We will miss the many friends we have made in our nine years in this business. It was always fun to meet up with those we knew while out there.

I want to thank everyone in here who have helped us over the years, we could have not made it without your help.

We are looking forward to the new challenges that await us and will be able to draw on skills we learned in this business to help us succeed in whatever we take on in the future.

face_crying.gif

You will be greatly missed, that's for sure. I'm sure you will do well in what ever you do.

Your dad is in my prayers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
face_crying.gif

You will be greatly missed, that's for sure. I'm sure you will do well in what ever you do.

Your dad is in my prayers.

Dad is doing "OK" for a man of almost 92, it's just time I am here to help more.

Jan will do fine, I will hunt! ( and hunker)

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow Joe, I'm going to miss reading your post. Good luck brother. Thank you for all the postings over the years. It's going to feel odd not seeing anymore of your posts.

Now you can do all the fishing and hunting all you want:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow Joe, I'm going to miss reading your post. Good luck brother. Thank you for all the postings over the years. It's going to feel odd not seeing anymore of your posts.

Now you can do all the fishing and hunting all you want:)

I will likely pop up from time to time, when I am NOT out on Lake Erie, in the woods, on the Straights of Detroit! LOL! Thanks

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Wow! So sad to see you leave. Your knowledge and wisdom helped me begin my expedite career and then get me through a few lessons once I jumped in and started. You will be missed. I wish you success and joy in whatever adventures life brings you in the future.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow! So sad to see you leave. Your knowledge and wisdom helped me begin my expedite career and then get me through a few lessons once I jumped in and started. You will be missed. I wish you success and joy in whatever adventures life brings you in the future.

Happiness and joy are found on my Lake, Thanks

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Like I told ya over the phone.. Congrats on getting out. You may have beat this career as it properly has given all its going to.
And since you will have a little more life of leisure it will be easier to met your sch for some hunting. Told ya before you are welcome to try deer hunting here at my place anytime or a shot at some ducks out back on the river. Can't promise ya deer but any day in the Wood's better then a day in a truck. See ya soon bro.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like I told ya over the phone.. Congrats on getting out. You may
have beat this career as it properly has given all its going to.
And since you will have a little more life of leisure it will be easier to met your sch for some hunting. Told ya before you are welcome to try deer hunting here at my place anytime or a shot at some ducks out back on the river. Can't promise ya deer but any day in the Wood's better then a day in a truck.

Thank you my friend! We will see each other a LOT over the years! YOU must get over here, to experience layout hunting! We WILL hunt together one day and I hope you can join me in my "life" soon!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good luck on your new adventurers. As mentioned, don't be a stranger. Has been fun having you around.