Library

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We are going to start a voluntary library of sorts. We are asking everyone to look and see if they have some books they are willing to donate. Then they will be available for our drivers and staff to borrow and return. We purchased some bookshelves for the lounge so we are ready to start!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 76

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
That is a really great idea! You are full of great benefits for the Load 1 team, thanks.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Glad you mentioned that...I'll be moving that box of books to sit by the door so they're not forgotten. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some have mentioned to me as much as energy saving motion sensor lighting is great..it is not so great in the lounge...It is hard to see the TV screen and too bright...also a reading lamp or two on the tables would be better for the readers...

guido4475

Not a Member
Some have mentioned to me as much as energy saving motion sensor lighting is great..it is not so great in the lounge...It is hard to see the TV screen and too bright...also a reading lamp or two on the tables would be better for the readers...

If you lay still enough for at least 20 minutes the lights will go off..but dont move, cause then they will come back on with the slightest movement..but yes, a couple of table lamps would give it that "Homey" feeling, and alot easier on the eyes..but I am so thankful for what is in place now..so appreciatted.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The lights are on a sensor so they don't burn energy when no one is up there. I can see about moving the ones closest to the tv if they are a problem? We had a switch but they get left on. You would be amazed how often I go up there and the tv is left on.

We also dropped of the first load of books earlier this afternoon to get this started. We are going to put Load One stickers up there so if you donate one put a sticker on it please. This way it will be easier for people to remember to return them.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well john
when i go in at easter to the house i will dig thru my books got a book at home the history of the road trains in AUSTRALIA from it early years right up to present day and if my useless brother lol every send to me my item of being admitted to the truckers hall of fame i know there is a full color book of trucking down under would gladly put in in the book shelve ..
wombat

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a softcover guide of Tim Hortons locations but honestly it's gonna be tough donating it...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks to those who have donated books, I'm sure taking advantage of the John Grisham hardcovers and have a bunch to donate from my collection.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd promised to return "Rise to Rebellion" [about the American revolution] last time, but I didn't quite finish it - had to actually go to work, lol.
I recommend it highly, and am now wanting to read on the same subject from the other [English] perception. History is pretty cool, when they don't ruin it with battles, methinks. Any suggestions?
Bet the difference in the British description of the same events is eye opening...:D