Legal Pepper Spray

G

There is a company advertising a device called SPRAY FIRE.It is a bright orange pistol device that can spray pepper spray up to 20 feet,so you don!t have to be close to a potential criminal.It costs about $20.00 and they claim(??)it is legal in Canada and everywhere else? You can get information off their web site, www.sprayfire.com,or contact them at Diversified Safety Products,2446 Hwy 78E,Gadsden AL,35903 USA..We will be ordering one on Monday as you just can!t be safe enough out there, Rich M Jacksonville FL.

cj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks rich
I really don't want to find out the hard way that it's not legal in Canada. An acquaintance recently got caught with a weapon (firearm)
as he was going into Winnipeg. His truck was confiscated--he's in jail--lost his job. Granted it's a gun compared to pepper spray--but I'm chicken and to me if Canada says NO who am I to push the matter.

G

cj several years ago I knew of a guy who got caught with a single bullet in his truck going into Windsor.The truck was impounded,cost over $5k to get it released and he spent 30 days in jail.So I want some real strong assurance that this stuff is legal before I cross the border.Something in writing from the Candian authorities that it is ok to have this stuff. Who knows how many days we have left on this earth,so I would really prefer not to spend them in jaill..Drive safe..

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
DON'T BRING IT IN !!!!
Pepper Spray is illegal here, it's considered an offensive weapon and YOUR TRUCK WILL BE SEIZED !!!
see the post i left this morning on the subject.

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just looked at the pepper spray site and can say with even more assurance :

DON'T BRING IT HERE TO CANADA IT AIN'T LEGAL !!!!

It looks to me like a resticted handgun type weapon that Canadians are not allowed to pocess.Don't take a chance at the border, leave all weapons in the States !

G

I did a quick review of the web page you reference.
It may be there but where does it state legal in Canada?
Also they list the contents as "chile peppers", what do they
mean "chili peppers". I bought a container of "hot sauce" for
my truck cooler the other day and if it's hot, then I must
be getting well accustomed to "hot sauce". Chili peppers, why
not just buy a jar of jalepones and throw at them. Lets get
more information. I think the effective ingredient is "caine"
(probably mispelled) but I dont have that much time, that is
the active ingredient and stopping power of most pepper sprays.
I welcome the product but let's hear more.