Leaving the expediting business

DRIVERDUDE

Seasoned Expediter
I have left the expediting business as of January 15th. I got a job driving an 18 ft. box truck around the southeast. I couldn't turn this deal down. I get $15.00 per hour to load and unload the truck (its hand load and unload but not heavy), I get paid for total miles driven, all expenses while on the road including hotel and food and they pay the fuel. I'm usually out of town 2 nights a week. I get weekends of and after 90 days I'll be on their insurance plan and get paid vacations. It beats the hell out of waiting for runs and only getting paid loaded miles and paying my own expenses. I think I may have found a new home.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I have left the expediting business as of January 15th. I got a job driving an 18 ft. box truck around the southeast. I couldn't turn this deal down. I get $15.00 per hour to load and unload the truck (its hand load and unload but not heavy), I get paid for total miles driven, all expenses while on the road including hotel and food and they pay the fuel. I'm usually out of town 2 nights a week. I get weekends of and after 90 days I'll be on their insurance plan and get paid vacations. It beats the hell out of waiting for runs and only getting paid loaded miles and paying my own expenses. I think I may have found a new home.

That's all anyone can ask for. There are many who like to drive a truck, but cannot handle the chaotic nature of expediting. Good luck to you.