Lease Purchase

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
Anybody have any info on the Lease/Purchase plan Panther is offering? I've made two requests for info but still waiting. Any ideas on Lease / Purchases in general would be most appreciated.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am not a fan of any type of lease purchase. But, I believe Panther put something out about a lease plan just for tractors.
I would call recruiting for specific details.

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
I am not a fan of any type of lease purchase. But, I believe Panther put something out about a lease plan just for tractors.
I would call recruiting for specific details.

Thanks....but could you give me some idea of what it is exactly that you don't like? I'm familiar with car leases.....are they pretty much the same?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Some of my opinion would depend on what type of lease that it is. Usually the driver shoulders way too much of the liability. It is seldom I have ever seen a truck lease/purchase go to fruition. Or....go to the term of the lease. A search even here on EO should bring up numerous threads on this topic. I have answered those in more detail.
Any lease should be reviewed by your business attorney and or accountant so you REALLY know what your exposure is.
You wouldn't buy a 100k house without one, so I wouldn't treat this type of transaction any different.