lease prchase cargo van or sprinter?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He is not a team driver. I was with E-1 for 7 months and only grossed 20k. That is not very fast for me. lol Also I know which gentleman you are talking about; he has a very nice sleeper and is from Indiana I think.

Hmmm 20 K is LOW even for a solo...He must be new. Unfortunately he chose a bad time to take on a lease of that size at this moment in time...
Even for a veteran at this time it would be almost suicide to take on a lease like that, never mind a newbee....some recruiters need a dose of reality...even E-1's....and if that terminates me...so be it.:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hey, I didn't bash E-1. They are a very professional outfit and they pay faster than any other company I have ever worked for in the past. I just think they need to be more honest about the fact that they prefer teams over solos in cargo vans. A solo guy might be able to scrape by at e-1 but you will not make the big bucks like the sprinter teams do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, I didn't bash E-1. They are a very professional outfit and they pay faster than any other company I have ever worked for in the past. I just think they need to be more honest about the fact that they prefer teams over solos in cargo vans. A solo guy might be able to scrape by at e-1 but you will not make the big bucks like the sprinter teams do.

I've been solo about 50% of the time for 08....did so.so

When I researched E-1... I spoke with no less then 5 solo operators...mind you this was 3 years ago...all confirmed 55,000 to 65,000 as a solo....Times have changed however....I am running solo at this time and even for me it's a tough haul....but managing. Its real tough to find a rabbit to pull out of the hat!!*LOL*

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
His van payment is 1100 a month? that doesn't sound right...

i can only report what he said. e-1 co signed the loan so to me he had little to nothing down. where it was bought, what the interest rate is and what the ultimate price was i cannot say.

is everything spelled correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLENT
Were here .... the gas engine option was discontinued either in '08 ....... or for '09 .......

I did not know they discontinued them, but no wonder, nobody bought them.

i talked to a salesman from caldwell. he said the gas got 15 mpg on the hwy. don't know the price of a gas vs diesel. was it the same as with an american van 5k to 7k more than gas?

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Jack,

Yes - it was my understanding that the diesel was significantly more expensive - I can't quote an exact number, but I believe it was in the thousands.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
just looked at truckpaper. the gassers were std cab models up to 29k$ similar diesels were hi 37's. seems a real bargin compared to the hc and shc models.