Laundry Soap

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are always looking for extra storage room in our truck and came up with this idea. The snack size storage bags are just perfect to hold one load of laundry soap and your colors bleach. On our great weekend outings to the laundry room we just grab as many bags as we need. Sure beats carrying in all the boxes and bottles. We have a med sized plastic container that contains all of our zip lock bags. Works really well for us.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We use liquid soap at the house so I take an empty water bottle and fill it with soap. A 20oz bottle is good for about 10 loads. A small side benefit is how people react when they see it sitting by you and ask what is that funny looking blue drink you have. I know... but when doing laundry even the simplest of things is a little bit amuzing.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We also used a small fold up luggage cart to take the clothes into where we were getting them washed. We could get a ton of clothes, sheets and blankets on that thing in one trip. Also comes in handy when you are staying at a hotel as well, and have to carry things a mile to a room.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dave that is great idea. When I wash everything in the truck it feels as if that bag weighs 100lbs which is why we didn't also want to carry any more of our laundry soap or detergent booster then we had to. I think LDB's idea is also a good one with the blue bottle.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I as well thought it was a great idea except for the fact I didn't think of it. My wife came up with it when the laundry bag started to look as big as I did.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Sometimes if Bob would dress in red he would look like Santa Clause. I think we will change how we take our laundry in!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Forget that, I just wait and take it home to the little Lady, the heck with all of those ideas.

Now if you believe that, but seriously I found that soap on the road to be the biggest mess and pain in the but I would rather check the dip stick without a rag than carry liquid soap around.

I just pay the $1.00 and throw the box away, no mess, no fuss. Sometimes a dime saved is a dollar waisted after that darn bottle sprang a leak..... Once was enough or is it screw me once shame on you, do it twice shame on me I learned, cleaning dried sticky soap up is no easy task but it smells clean anyway.....

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
With laundry machine prices sometimes reaching $1.75 we try to wear the same colors each day, then when laundry day comes we can limit the amount of loads we have and make sure we are getting our moneys worth with a full load. FYI most Flying J's are now only a buck to wash and a buck to dry, now if only they took Comdata.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, a lot of this work could be reduced if you only changed your clothes once a week whether they needed changing or not...

EO Forum Moderator
----------

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Oh my Leo, hope you at least spray some cologne on your clothes!!

Mike and I have only done laundry a couple of times at a truck stop. Most truck stops only have a couple of washers and dryers (in which there is usually at least one out of order) and they cost a ridiculous amount of money. The dryers never seem to dry in the amount of time on the dryer either.

We always seem to locate a laundrymat in a town where we have a little downtime (I try and look in the yellow pages on the internet to find one). The front load washers do a much better job and most laundrymats have larger machines where you can load 2-3 loads of laundry into one machine. Also, these machines only use 1/3 of the detergent and the dryers take quarters running for 7-10 minutes at a time.

I do like the idea of the portable cart, but I wouldn't have a clue as to where we could put it in this truck!

Cynthia and Mike

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well Leo that is disgusting, only changing clothes once a week, we have learned a better way......it's called co-ed naked driving. When we go into a shipper we just wear one of those real long wife beaters, and flip flops.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I should have said once a month so there could be no question I was joking. My solution is to use the team amount of space for clothes as a solo and carry ridiculous quantities of clothes with me so I don't have to do laundry till I get home again. If I wind up at the company office where the machines are free I'll wash one load with my faux blue beverage, otherwise it's 3-4 loads when I get home.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Leo I knew your were kidding, just thought I would rag on you a bit.
Gee does that mean you think I drive naked?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought it meant you have a very progressive and open minded better half... and were the ones causing the traffic jam just up the road. Reminds me of the sign in a bar. Men, no shirts no service, ladies no shirts no charge. :p

EO Forum Moderator
----------

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always thought it kind of funny that wearing a shirt is needed but it's apparently no problem to be without pants.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Jim... I think I saw you and your wife several times at different hooks. Does she wear fuzzy slippers? Come to think of it, do you???

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
When we were home last, Tod had a Dr's appt. Of course I went with him because he never remembers what the Dr said. Ayway, when the Dr ask us what we did for a living we replied, "We are team truck drivers". After a few seconds of silence we nooticed a grin on the Dr's face and heard a chuckle from the asssistant. Being somewhat annoyed by this, I questioned "Whats so funny?". The Dr asked if we were the ones who had the wreck last night. Then they both started laughing.

Seems the wife was driving and fell asleep and ran into a ditch. The only problem was she was wearing only a T shirt and her husband was riding shotgun totally nude!

Was anybody on this site in Alton IL in May???????;)

PS
No we were not involved in the accident!!!