Laredo again

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning EOers. If you were sitting in Laredo right now, where would you relocate to gain the best advantage for a Monday load? Again, thanks for all the help with all my questions. I'm a better, more profitable OO because of your input. Very glad this site exists!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bison , SD. ,,, i know alot of crap comes out of there. ..... :p

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think anything good ever came out of Bison, SD. LOL. Sorry OVM.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Good morning EOers. If you were sitting in Laredo right now, where would you relocate to gain the best advantage for a Monday load? Again, thanks for all the help with all my questions. I'm a better, more profitable OO because of your input. Very glad this site exists!

It depends. Dallas Houston Laredo. Texas can be tough,sometimes it's just the luck of the draw,you wouldn't want to deadhead to Houston or anywhere and get an offer that picks up in Laredo! I'd sit tight if your carrier gets loads out of Laredo if not I would go to Dallas. I don't mean this in a bad way but I would never ask here what to do because it's always different and you will get a hundred answers. You have to weigh your situation with all the variables and then decide. Best of luck to ya.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There are over 5 million post in here on that Laredo question. If you are in a cargo van, leave within 24 to 48 hrs. If you are in a straight truck, you will most likely be out b 4 u can shower. I had my share sitting there in a cargo van. Longest time sitting 10 days, shortest 5 days. If you like heat, stay, if not, leave.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've sat there a week...but also been predispatched going in....in a sprinter yet...like was said you'll get over 100 different responses....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I always have the best luck around border towns...every company is different though.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I made my choice. I moved to Houston. I've never had any luck in Dallas and I've never been to Houston. All I can do now is hope something happens here. There sure are a lot less trucks sitting here at the J but it sure is a noisy and busy place.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
depends which J your at in Houston, ,, out west of town is a little smaller but i think its less riff raff. ...the one on 45 is bigger but more activities going on for your viewing pleasure or not...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I'm at the one on 45.

I texas is no good if your not used to sitting dh out if your co gets your moving fairly quick elsewhere i sat in dallas 4 days before and there are loads available but cheap rates if i dont want to dh ill take a cheapo to pay for gas n make a few bucks to get to the freight. But if i sit in Texas i spend to much money lol mexican beer and tacos add up .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All the other vans and sprinters have left. That's great news, I should be next one out. :)). How do I find the smiles?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I texas is no good if your not used to sitting dh out if your co gets your moving fairly quick elsewhere i sat in dallas 4 days before and there are loads available but cheap rates if i dont want to dh ill take a cheapo to pay for gas n make a few bucks to get to the freight. But if i sit in Texas i spend to much money lol mexican beer and tacos add up .

That is exactly what's wrong with this industry.

guido4475

Not a Member
That is exactly what's wrong with this industry.

I couldn't agree with you more. This subject has been beaten to death, but it still frosts my *** every time some idiot says that. Laredo outbound is going to turn into .45 cpm freight all of the time, if these idiots keep taking it out of there for that.All they are doing is destroying the one great industry, one cheap paying load after another.What a shame.