Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm pretty sure you have to be a Landstar BCO to access it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have something you can sign up for to check it out. I think I read they do it once a week like a webinar or something.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RAMP

New Recruit
Driver
go to leasetolandstar dot com and you can sign up for the webinar for the live load board

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Call in as well and they will give you temporary access to the board but... what do you drive? The load board mostly has everything listed for a 53' trailer and very if anything listed for a straight truck or a van.

Bama1

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
let"s say vehicles rated under 13000 lb. so how does it work at LEA if expedited freight is not posted to the board

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
As jhead64 said contact directly with agent. System is great and just keeps getting better. Cannot imagine not being at Landstar and working this way.

Reactions: Greg and jhead64

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have to be a Landstar carrier.
Landstar works with O/O only and you will need your own authority. Contact the agents directly and get set up in their system they will require a contract between them and you. I usually call and let them know my availability and if they have something come in that matches what I'm driving they call me. Ive run several loads for them and never had a problem getting paid or factoring the invoice. As long as you have a clear BOL, Invoice and rate sheet your good to go.

Reactions: RedBird

Bama1

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
first I would like to thank everybody for your help / replies. agents and load assignmemts aside do you use the board or system for everything else?

Bama1

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
not sure want I want to do just doing research and trying to keep an open mind. but I really do like LEA and load1. will be driving someone else's truck for at least 6months. hope to be going to expo17 in July!!! but to answer your question lease on I know I do not won't my own authority

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
not sure want I want to do just doing research and trying to keep an open mind. but I really do like LEA and load1. will be driving someone else's truck for at least 6months. hope to be going to expo17 in July!!! but to answer your question lease on I know I do not won't my own authority
As an ex o/o that was leased on with a Super B (Sprinter type), I did well with LEA and that was 6 yrs ago. I've recently spoke with a current BCO at LEA about how business has been going for the Super B class and he told me he is only doing 1 to 2 loads per week and these were not long loads. Not good in my book. I've always heard that the straight trucks did very well al LEA and that is where I would steer you in this case. Hope that helps you out.

Reactions: Bama1

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
To look at what landstar post o. The board you simply go to www.landstaronline.com
Click on landstar carriers
Then under applications click on find loads now. Enter area you want to search and bam you see what's available for brokerage carriers. You do not need to log in to do that.only need log in to post

Reactions: RoadTime

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I ran as a brokerage carrier for several years and also leased to In way. The pay difference favors being an outside carrier.
Good company just better off on your own.revenue over the first 6 month period of 2016 being an outside carrier was 400% higher than being leased on for the first 6 months of 2017. I would say mostly because I was free to run for other 3pl vs being locked in to just hauling landstar freight. Why run ch Robinson for landstar when you can do that on your own. As an outside carrier landstar will pay you on a com data card in 2 days vs pay one time per week as a bco. Same fuel discounts if you use the card at the pump same of lcapp discounts. See no positives about being a bco over being outside carrier