landstar

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I was with Landstar for 11 years. I really liked them but I starved the last two years with them. It has been two years since then. I hope there business bounced back.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I have been off the road since 2013 so I cannot comment on the current state of Landstar or other carriers. I can say that when we moved from FedEx Custom Critical to Landstar Express America it was the second-best move we made in the industry (the first was becoming expediters in the first place). Our revenue increased significantly for hauling the same kinds of loads. The working relationship with the carrier was wonderful compared to the carrier we left.

If we were to re-enter the business, Landstar would the the first company we would research and the first company we would be inclined to go with again.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
:):):)
Diane and I have been off the road since 2013 so I cannot comment on the current state of Landstar or other carriers. I can say that when we moved from FedEx Custom Critical to Landstar Express America it was the second-best move we made in the industry (the first was becoming expediters in the first place). Our revenue increased significantly for hauling the same kinds of loads. The working relationship with the carrier was wonderful compared to the carrier we left.

If we were to re-enter the business, Landstar would the the first company we would research and the first company we would be inclined to go with again.

I would have to echo this...before my Carrier days, as a Contractor, my experience mimics the typing of Phil. In particular IF you have non "cookie cutter" type equipment with heavier/more cube capacities, and other freight handling capabilities. I was continually amazed at the amount and different types of challenges the many agents would throw at me when the phone rang. Wuz fun....back in the day

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have been here two years this month. What we have learned is that the more you put into Landstar working with agents the more loads and that equals increased income.

If you want to come to Landstar, sit back and do nothing, that is exactly what you will get "nothing".

To me the best part of Landstar is the relationships that we build and it is not a first in first out company. The truck each agent will look for first is who did a great job for them on their last load.

We have been asked that question if you can make any money at Landstar and my reply is look around at the trucks and then ask how long they have been at Landstar. Those that know how to build the relationships and realize this is as close to having your own authority without actually having to send out invoices will do very well.

So yes you can make good money at Landstar but it is not handed to you.

Reactions: Greg and crich

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We have been here two years this month. What we have learned is that the more you put into Landstar working with agents the more loads and that equals increased income.

If you want to come to Landstar, sit back and do nothing, that is exactly what you will get "nothing".

To me the best part of Landstar is the relationships that we build and it is not a first in first out company. The truck each agent will look for first is who did a great job for them on their last load.

We have been asked that question if you can make any money at Landstar and my reply is look around at the trucks and then ask how long they have been at Landstar. Those that know how to build the relationships and realize this is as close to having your own authority without actually having to send out invoices will do very well.

Precisely. Landstar is not for "the right to be loaded" bunch.

Reactions: Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Very well said.....and accurate.

Reactions: Flint