Landstar info please

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello-

Looking to speak with teams that run a sprinter van with Landstar. Please drop us a message! Thank you!;)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If you call Landstar's main recruiting number (885) 578-7226 and ask to speak to Landstar Express America Operations, people there can give you names of van teams. The LEAM ops people are the same people who staff Landstar tables at EO events. [FONT=Arial, Arial][/FONT]

DreamTeam

Active Expediter
I don't think so Phil. Landstar DOES NOT give out the personal information of their drivers! Just tried it. You should have more respect for your carrier than to think they would invade your privacy.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I would have thought so,too.
I guessed Phil had a part time position in recruiting.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There might be certain drivers that offer their time to speak to prospective drivers, it might also be limited to a few agents and not the whole company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've spoken to a few. I think vans and cubes are where they shine in this market.
Talking to C and D's recently, they seem to be suffering from the freight slow down along with everyone else.
It's been over a year since I talked to a B.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've spoken to a few. I think vans and cubes are where they shine in this market.
Talking to C and D's recently, they seem to be suffering from the freight slow down along with everyone else.
It's been over a year since I talked to a B.

Well no surprise but the van splinter drivers i have spoken to from there do not seem to do that great. Especially the last few.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well no surprise but the van sprinter drivers i have spoken to from there do not seem to do that great. Especially the last few.

Just to add i think the landstar model is such a different one in this biz some will flourish and some will flounder. My understanding is good people skills are very important to ones success.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't think so Phil. Landstar DOES NOT give out the personal information of their drivers! Just tried it. You should have more respect for your carrier than to think they would invade your privacy.
That's odd. It hasn't been too many years ago that I contacted LS recruiting. I was in a straight truck at the time. I asked for a list of current drivers and got one. It was 5 or 6 names with phone numbers. I talked to some of them...I don't remember how many. I assume that they had gave recruiting permission to give out their info.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I also was given current drivers a year ago to speak with. Like someone stated to people who process apps said its limited to ones that allow it.

Monty

Expert Expediter
While there, I spoke to many folks about LS ... and I had agreed folks could give out my information.

As for Sprinter teams, the ones I knew of were making money because of A&E status. That really kept them moving. I met few teams, but the ones I did were happy teaming in a Sprinter.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Landstar invade privacy? Respect for carrier? Where did that come from?

I have talked numerous times with drivers who wanted to know more about the company and were referred to me by Landstar Express America Operations. In each case, the operations people contacted me first and requested my permission to share my telephone number with the prospective BCO, or they gave me the driver's number to call.

But, to your other point, yes indeed, Landstar will link prospects to drivers if prospects ask. I know that for the fact because I have been so linked several times.

You say you tried it and it did not work. I do not know your circumstances or the circumstances under which the operations people decide to refer someone.

Maybe you have to be interested enough or far enough along in the recruiting process or someone they actually want for them to decide to refer a prospect to a BCO; I know little about that. I do know that referrals do happen, at least some of the time. I know because I have done the calls.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter

After some time off, we went back in service on Monday morning, May 13 in Humble, TX (Houston). Later that day we received and accepted a load offer to pick up on Tuesday in Austin and deliver on Thursday or Friday (our choice) in Seattle. On the way to Seattle, we got pre-dispatched to pick up on Friday in Seattle and deliver Monday in (western state city, not CA).

Knowing we had a load waiting to pick up on Friday, we backed off the pace a bit on the way to Seattle and delivered Friday a.m. Had we not been pre-dispatched, we would have driven straight through to Seattle to maximize our availability time there and hopefully snag a load out on Thursday or Friday. But with a Friday pickup already in hand, we took it easy getting up there.

On the way to Seattle, we received two other load offers that would have taken us out, but, of course, those were not accepted because we were already committed to the Friday pick up.

While loading the Seattle pick-up on Friday, the same agent called wanting to know if we would be interested in a picking up in (same western state city, not CA) going to (another western state city, not CA). We asked if we could call him back in a couple of hours, after we completed that downtown Seattle, inside pick up. He said yes and we did.

The money and other details were good so we agreed to that load. We could pick that load up on Monday but chose to pick it up on Tuesday instead because we have some other things we want to do with the time.

After that agent worked through the details, he offered that in (the second western state city, not CA), there is a busy account there that is serviced by another agent. He told us how to contact that agent, an agent we have not done business with before.

While it may be true that some Landstar C and D-units are not busy, it is not true that all of them are not busy. If there is a freight slowdown going on out there, Diane and I did not get the memo.

Last edited:

Monty

Expert Expediter
I am still receiving calls, more than a year later, wanting to know if I want freight ....... some of the agents do not know I have retired.

And those agents do indeed network among themselves, as you said above.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Let me comment on one of the features that makes Landstar different and more pleasant. It does not happen all the time but it happens every now and again that we have a great deal of flexibility on how and when we pick up and/or deliver the load. This is with the same customers (or same kinds of customers) and same freight (or same kinds of freight) that we used to serve when with our former carrier.

With Landstar, the agent wants to cover the load. With our former carrier, dispatch wanted to cover the load too, but as soon as it was dispatched, it became an emergency, whether the freight was true emergency freight or not.

The Seattle run mentioned above is an example. While we could get the freight there on Thursday, agent only cared that it got there by Friday. The time was ours to use as we wished. With our former carrier, the computer would have had us drive straight through, require that we check in and check out every time we stopped, and accuse us of running late if we fell behind its arbitrary schedule, even if we were a full day ahead of the load.

There is true emergency freight, and there are false, artificial, computer-generated emergencies. It is nice to have left the latter behind.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would agree with that on deliveries. Our carrier will leave you alone as long as you haven't passed the "47 mph" threshhold. Then again, they might ride someone with a series of lates but that hasn't come up. See this alot on weekend loads. Drivers do all kinds of things in the middle of those loads.
As for new or potential drivers contacting a current driver, I see nothing wrong with that as long as the carrier gets your authorization.