landstar express

G

any one here on with LEA. how do you like it, need some input. thanx.

G

I'm not with them but I have a good friend from Rockford, IL who put on a B unit with them right after they bought Express America 5 years ago. He has grossed over $70,000 every year. He runs single and really stays out on weekends. He does not know how much longer he will be able to make that kinda $$$ Go Dougy! Hope this helps.

THE X

Zeke

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
LEA is probably the best you will find to date. Like any company there are ups and downs but honesty is high on my list and this company meets my standards. When times are bad they are bad for all and when runs are good they are shared by all. I have a "B" unit with LEA but the pattern can be felt with any expediter company. Here is my comments: Having a "B" unit can be very unpredictable financially both quarterly and annually. If you buy a new van you need to lease with a top notch company that will give you good and fair runs. Your deadhead can be very high and I am almost 58% for the year (WAY TOO HIGH) You need to budget your business because when your van gets high mileage your repairs can be very costly and frequent. You may put as much as 100,000 miles a year. If you finance for 4-5 years your repairs can cost you big time. You will be paying on a van that is mechanically eating your profits. I would not recommend this business to anyone with a young family. You need to stay out on weekends to make it pay. I have a Ford diesel that has a maintenance record that is typical of a like vehicle. I am down 30% in income (a lot from deadhead to get my loads). I am thinking about putting on a "D" truck with another company to compare.

G

I agree with ZEKE I also have 3 cargo vans with LEA, Deahdhead is currently to high, but even so having been with roberts and tri-state I coulndn't be happier!! The only weakpoint in this bussiness is finding then keeping quality drivers I haven't been able to stay home with my kids as planned even with three trucks. Eventhough, I'm still happier here than anywhere else!!Any questions about LEA call me I've been on for almost 3yrs. 219-281-2379 thanks SYLEXPRESS

G

Its the best company I have found. It has it problems but you actually feel like a person, you make your own decisions on layover and on loads we have no refusal policy or layover policy and best of all no DVA! I havent found anywhere else to go that would treat me like this.

G

I'am glad to see someone else that tells it like it is. lea has become to big to care, most operators I've talked to there say they have been losing up to 30% of there income each year, while incurring higher expenses. they have to many people signed on for the amount of freight they have to haul.

G

Having three vehicles on with is not the same as being on the road for lea. you can not compare one with the other. In addition, having more than one vehicle leased to a company brings favorable treatment that a beginner would not recieve. Are you going to be there when this poor guy goes broke because he believed you?

G

Yes exactly. They are too busy worrying about their golf games and playing corporate politics than about us. This company is going downhill since they left Charlotte. We keep putting on agents, but all they do is air freight. (but of course its rare we find out about them because their is no commnication in this company until we get home and get that newsletter)

Every LEA BCO I've spoke too is discouraged. freight is way down from the last couple of years and none of the people taking the other 38% seems to be doing anything about it except cutting rates. A lot of us are getting worried. We need ACTUAL agents, ones that put freight on trucks instead of airplanes and if they send you to California can find you a load back. And HQ needs to be out selling. And get the Ford loads back from Pinson.

Buy the way, Yesterday I ran into a LEA E unit. They told me that HQ has started putting on tractor trailers. News to me.

G

i have not done well at all this year but did great last year

G

i agree with others.landstar is one of the best out there . i am running about 62%deadhead.and my repaires are out running my income.i also am looking at putting on a d unit with another co.this is my 5th year in expidited and it is my worst year to date.

G

sorry to break your bubble, but my deadhead is greater than yours.you would also pass out if you saw my income to days in service.

G

Roadawg: I have worked for other O/O whom had leased on with other companies and after awhile i was not happy. But came over to Landstar 1 month ago and have been happy, their system is very different than the "others" but i was happy. I just landed a job as a Warehouse Mgr (including ship/rec) for a small company here in Erie Pa, I am now using Landstar Express America's Pgh office for all my expedited freight and have had no problems, In fact i had helped the Pgh office land this contract and then switched to my new job, but i do miss the expiedited driving, and if i should get back in to it (hopefully owning my own truck sometime) Then i would go back to Landstar Express in a heartbeat!!!! if you should have any questions you email at [email protected]

G

everyone I talked to is down about 30% each year for the last two years. lea is not the place to be try express one.

G

wild bill try express one... it's almost like being part of the family.... and it is a family owned company

G

glad to hear more and more people exiting lea driver profits are way down company wide. try express one!!!!

G

freind, one month is not long enough to find out about lea. ..
not putting you down but the drivers that have been there awhile have lost more and more money each year..... suggest you try express one..... much more honest people.....

G

If your stay with lea you do even less next year... try express one...... far better people.......